Algarve Cup

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Algarve Cup

Post by Soccerman771 »

Aaryn_GenD wrote: jerom got it right: they dominate not because they are so amazing, but because women soccer is so poorly developed in prett ymuch any country in the world, so it's esasy to dominate. if  every country would be on equal footings(or let' say, the skill distributing same as the men soccer) you wouldn't have one team win so much, it would be more likely the top 10 teams wining all thet ime, witih some upsets her and there.

comparing both to each other, arguing which one is more succesful, is a dumb idea.
look at men soccer, 20-30 years ago if England would play against a lesser euroepan country, they would win 90% of the time. and nowadays???? all the countries improved witih better infrastructure and it is very hard now to guess the correct winner.
soccer: think again, our 17 year old germany A-Team(who aren't even professionals) beat the 1st classs german woman team. no way in hell can a women team beat the top 10 male team lol
The US women are on a completely different level.  Not only did I say that they wouldn't win, I said they would give them a run for their money.  No one would ever think that the US has a winning record vs England in the history of the World Cup, but we do....
Bart332 wrote: but probably for US people any kind of football seems "high" level
Arrogance at it's best.  Keep it up, you continue to look like a fool.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Problem with womens football it that its extremely rare for them to swap shirts at the end, if they did I might watch it more. Hmmmmm am I saying I only watch mens football for the shirt swapping...ahahahahahahaahah.

Every game of womens football I have watched, it seems so slow and some of the keepers are shocking but I guess it can only improve.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

emperoral wrote: Problem with womens football it that its extremely rare for them to swap shirts at the end, if they did I might watch it more. Hmmmmm am I saying I only watch mens football for the shirt swapping...ahahahahahahaahah.

Every game of womens football I have watched, it seems so slow and some of the keepers are shocking but I guess it can only improve.
hahaha lol your soo right about the shirt part.

I genuinely also feel that the level might be a bit low compared to men, but if men had been worse we woudlnt have noticed and still watched. I just feel that women soccer is less important and thus less fun to watch. I watch the Dutch soccer because its a big thing for a club to get first, and I watch the world/european championship soccer because it seems to mean a lot to the Dutchies to win that. Somehow thats just not the same with women soccer and that takes away the fun of watching it for me.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

emperoral wrote: Problem with womens football it that its extremely rare for them to swap shirts at the end, if they did I might watch it more. Hmmmmm am I saying I only watch mens football for the shirt swapping...ahahahahahahaahah.

^^
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I bet the girls would be able to beat the wind!

unbelievable own goal assisted by the wind
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

US beat Norway 2 - 1 today.  Play Japan next (rematch of WWC final last year).

@ sporting - there is a huge debate on some soccer ref boards that I follow about what should happen if the keeper touches the ball after the kick instead of it going in.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Soccerman771 wrote: US beat Norway 2 - 1 today.  Play Japan next (rematch of WWC final last year).

@ sporting - there is a huge debate on some soccer ref boards that I follow about what should happen if the keeper touches the ball after the kick instead of it going in.
Officially if this happens the keeper can't touch the ball again after the kick? Imo he should be able to
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

the kick is from his hands , so it should be fine to save it with his hands. Anyway the other team should give a free goal to get the score back to were it was..
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

emperoral wrote:

Are you sure it wasn't a game of the english national team?
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

england dont have a national team :S just a bunch of idiots , apart from Gerrard and Johnson.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

its a pain to watch women playing soccer. the problem is that too few people care about it. and i even doubt that it is that popular in the US. germany had the better women football team in the last 10 years and most people here really dont give a **** about it. so i dont see it being popular in a country with like 4 times as many people as germany.

and women soccer will stay underdeveloped. there is just not enough interest in it. and without sponsors no money, so a lot of players actually have to work to survive which of course doesnt help the sport to get a higher quality.
i also dont see it getting better in the next couple of years.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

It is indeed popular in the US.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

GG City :D
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Sporting_Lisbon wrote: GG City :D
Love to see them lose.  Must be a shame to win at home and have your head down because you still don't advance.
jtackel@hotmail.com