SOPA

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

SOPA

Post by jerom »

Guys, I think a big part of the internet is endangered by this bill. It wouldnt even surprise me if our very own clansite has risks of getting shut down.

wth is SOPA ? aka The American Government trying to ruin the internet

It's supposed to prevent piracy of games, videos and music. I do see music and movie piracy as a small problem, but this bill goes way to far. I myself spend more than 1 hour per day watching youtube and streams, and I might just have to find a new hobby.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: SOPA

Post by joe4holly »

jerom remember the pirate is allways one step infront. Close a website new one is open 1mins later.  Stuff like pirate bay can  not be shut down as no content is hosted. MU has so much data on it no way in hell they know what is on it 24/7.  Go into your loft , do you know 100% what is in there ?  Your whole family use it to store your stuff.

In the UK Sky and BT have blocked some website, a work around was found quick and all website did was write some software to encrypted the connection.

The internet is cool, we still got anonymous to **** them off , prob do worse than good but still funny to read about.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

they will try it again and again to regualte the net, but if the people stay strong, they will  fail every time. their reasons are a lie, the music industry makes millions every year, same as the movie industry. or the arguments with protecting children are lie too, but those are arguments any non-internet savvy person will deem as "good"
in germany some poitican even admitted unwillingly that the lobbysists of the industries try to get these laws passed.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

The piracy doesnt really bother me tbh, i dont care for music and I dont like watching movies particulary much. Also I try to buy games because that supports the game studios and gives us better games. I do think music and movie industries earn enough. Personally fighting piracy would be given more wealth to the rich singers that dont need it and taking away wealth from the normal people, it is actually better this way imo.

Thats not what this bill is about (well its supposed to be so I think, but it doesnt do the same). In short, this bill means that any site on which copyrighted stuff is found will get shut down without a judge in the process. This means that youtube for example will last not longer than 1 week. Bliptv will be gone, all streaming sites will be blocked. This bill is absolutely insane. Facebook will be affected, and hell even our own clansite might get shut down. This bill, if it passes, will affect our lifes.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

www.youtube.com - blocked
www.youtube2.com - unblocked

www.youtube2.com - blocked
www.youtube3.com unblocked

simple
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Thats not the point though, how can we have any comfort watching youtube if every archieve is gonna get lost in a few days. I think most casters and viewers would just give up if that would happen.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

well they just want more fake money, the money they got has no worth or meaning. money to me and you has x1000000000 more worth than to them.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I dont understand about who you are talking..