Tour de France

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Tour de France

Post by LaZy »

Hey guys,

does any1 enjoy cycling? Does any1 follow the most awesome bicyclerace the world has 2 offer? Do any of u have a favorite team or rider?

I personally watch as many stage of the Tour every year, especially the alpine 1´s, which, at the end of day, really make the difference.

Yes it is, unfortunately, a sport infested with past doping scandals, and am sure, with several team doctors still enforcing Epo or other fancy drugs on their top notch athletes. But just stop and think about what these uber humans do. They literally ride thousands of kilometers at incredible high speed, under the most fierce of atmospheric weather conditions for three entire weeks with only 2 days rest. They literally spend over 4 hours on their high tech bikes per day, sweating liters and liters of water whilst suffering from huge altitude discrepancies as also thermal variations that would sent any normal mortal into the grave 50 years early.

For me the Tour de France, even though held in that country filled with french speaking French people, is truly the most gruesome sport out there, and I luv watching 100 men sweat for hours on end whilst chasing each other just so that they can wear a yellow shiny sweater.

out
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Tour de France

Post by Soccerman771 »

LaZy wrote:
I luv watching 100 men sweat for hours on end whilst chasing each other just so that they can wear a yellow shiny sweater.

out
Come to Tejas.  We have 100's of thousands of sweaty men here in the 102 degree (39c) weather that we get here daily for the next 50 days or so...

Aside from that my only contribution to this thread will be that 7 time (Texan) winner Lance Armstong has NEVER tested positive for anything illegal.  :)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Had a horrid thought..Lazy in a sauna..Hell imagine lazy in a sauna wearing yellow trunks..shouting chase me you sweaty saco do poo.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

The tour de france is THE most gruesome sporting event shown on TV in my opinion. And yes, I watch it, fantastic, I've been to see stages before as well and it really is impressive. Some of the great names in years gone by are some of the most incredible athletes the world has seen.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

nicely put Sir

out
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

bah,u dont wear trunks in saunas
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I love cycling and the Tour de France, in fact I actually watch most bicycleraces. I think you just have to ignore the fact that they use dope, and then its truely an amazing sport.

Im rooting for Gesink and the Rabobank in general :)
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

The doping thing is a matter of preference. I don't watch TdF anymore since the doping scandals. Also In Germany the interest in TdF decreased dramatically. This is the last year the TOur is shown live in Germany and that is only because they had the obligation to do it due to treaties.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Did anyone see it yesterday ?

It is simply horrific how that car hit Flecha and took Hoogerland with him. I think both had a very good chance of winning and I would not have been suprised if Hoogerland had taken a few more points for the mountain prize. Also it seems that vinokourov and van den broek had made a horrific crash :S

At the very least it was a good day for Gesink and Rabobank so that makes me happy :)
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

U mean this crash here_:

TOUR DE FRANCE 2011 stage 9 - car crashes into Juan Antonio Flecha and Johnny Hoogerland

They were 35kms out and had a 5min advantage btw. Simply appalling. Heads will surely roll

And yes I saw it, live in fact :P

out
Last edited by LaZy on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

same here. Since I have holidays and am for unknown reasons not really feeling like gaming I've been watching the Tour de France like non stop :)