Champion of Champions

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Champion of Champions

Post by LaZy »

So l8er 2day we´re gonna have the Champions league final. Always an important sporting event. For many football fans its the most important football event every other year bcos of the Euro and World cups. Watched by millions and discussed by many more it is a money generating machine in full throttle reaching the final straight.

Who are u rooting 4? The colossal Barça or the titanic Man U? Are the finals actually that entertaining to watch? Which team will want 2 win it more? Which team will risk more? Will the winning team deserve that absurd salary bonus? Will we see some1 naked running around playing "catch me if u can" with the stewards? Will we go into penalties. Will there b players loosing their minds and doing absurd shjt and end up getting kicked off the field? Will the referee play a part in this game? Will the winning city party like no 2morrow throughout this weekend? Will I stop with the unnecessary questions?

out
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Champion of Champions

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Well I think that it is always good to underline that I can't stand Barça being champions YET AGAIN.

Man. United has a more civilized fan base (IMHO), has a good sportsmanship and a record of being "Cool Guys". Sir Alex Ferguson is a real Football Genius. He brought Ronaldo from Lisbon to Manchester, knowing that one day he would follow the trend of all the stars in the Football Business: Real Madrid.

I consider myself one of the few portuguese people that is proud to say that is able to speak castillian without needing to. Man. Utd: be my heroes and go for a 4-0. May the force be with Nani muahahahaha
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

I'm a Man U fan - they ARE my team since I started following the English football from the early 90's.  Chicharito goes crazy and the Red Devils stomp the sh!t out of Barca.  I like the 4-0 scoreline.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Im still undecided on who should win, but I have this horrible habit of rooting for the weaker team, so prolly Im gonna root for the worst team and be sad when they lose :P
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

:'(
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

I guess Barcelona will b the the place 2 b if u wanna party 2night.

Congrats 2 them. Personally Ive been rooting for them all season and find their game style ingeniously effective. Unfortunately it is simply not pleasing to the eye, but hey........it gets the job done.

out
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

I played some SC2 games with Niels and Chris duriung the finals
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

Comadevil wrote: I played some SC2 games with Niels and Chris duriung the finals
how could you :P
i watched it with my uncle with a couple of beers.
poor edwin is retired now....
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

It depends. Sometimes i am really crazy for soccer but on ther other hand there are times soccer doesn't interest me that much except the results.
Also often finals don't keep up to the expectations.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Comadevil wrote: It depends. Sometimes i am really crazy for soccer but on ther other hand there are times soccer doesn't interest me that much except the results.
Also often finals don't keep up to the expectations.
My sentiments exactly.
jtackel@hotmail.com

jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

IMO this one was too onesided, tho that means Barcelona really deserved to win !
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

GG.

MU was too weak, even though there were a couple players that were able to hold Barça (e.g. Van der Sar, Valencia, Evra).

Rooney has no sense of teamspirit. Park-Jing-su has no charisma. Nani came to late to make a difference. Rio Ferdinand was a shadow of himself, as well as Giggs and Scholes, particularly Michael Carrick. It seemed to consist of a over-30 years old players staff that was unable to keep up with the blaugrana revolution.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i find that really unfair, when i was little i thought soccer players could play till the age of 50^^
so i think over 30 is not old yet, however the second half of 30 (35+) is.
i was glad to see scholes, alex ferguson always puts him in at the 70+ min mark
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

:)Well only found this been away in Prague, but anyway I am so so glad lazy got it right with "titanic Man U?" as they certainly were sunk....muhahahahah ps Barca rule...Maybe one day sporting will notice this and change his name to Barcelona!
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

emperoral wrote: :)Well only found this been away in Prague, but anyway I am so so glad lazy got it right with "titanic Man U?" as they certainly were sunk....muhahahahah ps Barca rule...Maybe one day sporting will notice this and change his name to Barcelona!
wow u could afford Prague but not Berlin.........never did like u

out