You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Video Games are a form of Art

Post by GeneralMichael »

Sorry guys I forgot to post in early April about this. The Smithsonian museum is going to hold an exibit featuring video games as a new art form. They even had a poll going to let the public choose what video games from what generation and genre would go in.

They have posted the results today. AOE3 had it tough going up against Minecraft and Starcraft 2 in the Combat/Strategy section. Alas Minecraft won out in the fight.

Starcraft 1 managed to win in the previous generation.

Here is the PDF form of the list with the sections and genres listed and saying which games were beaten.
http://americanart.si.edu/exhibitions/a ... ggames.pdf

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Video Games are a form of Art

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

it's a shame, only when they found out that video games get along well with the NWO and can make alot of money, they do stuff like this. why didn't they do this before? retarded
i saw an orchester on youtube which played video game music form the 90s.. now go figure
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

That orchestra has played in my Town-Circus at Campo Pequeno. No one cares about space-ships to be honest I'm glad that Mine-Craft won.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

I'm glad that Portal was recognized. Still one of my favorite games ever.

I'm really liking Portal 2 right now. GlaDOS has not lost her sense of humor. Can't wait for Playstation Network to get back online so I can do some multiplayer.

Disappointed that Galaga got no love. My favorite quarter-eater of all time.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Games can be a form of art but I think it's hard to put it in a museum since most of the time you just need to play the whole campaign through and then play multiplayer to clearly see the beauty of a game..
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.