Mothers day

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Mothers day

Post by LaZy »

Well on the 1st of May we celebrate mothers day in Portugal. I wonder if that's the case any where else around the globe? I imagine it is.

What do u do on this very special day?

I have do b honest and admit that before having kids Mothers day was just another day where the mom´s got a little more well deserved attention. After the parasitic 2 legged lings started 2 roam ma crib (aka tha kids), Ive made sure that a) mummy gets her well deserved flowers and b) the kids participate throughout the day and are extra gracious 2wards her. And yes I bought flowers (with less roses and overall less fancyness) for my wife's mum and her grandmother also. I guess Im just a sucker that believes he´s a true romanticist.

out
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Mothers day

Post by jerom »

We have mothers day too here in holland but I don't think it's right now :P

For us it is basically we all buy a present for our mum and then we go to my grandparents and give my grandmother a present, but I think she doesn't really need anything because she is already 90 years old..

Anyways I guess it's about the same here as it is in Portugal, except it is on another day.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

I do nothing.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

In Germany the 1st of May is Day of Work. So, logically, nobody has to work this day :).
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

and it sucks for huggypierre that the 1st may this year is a sunday^^
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]and it sucks for huggypierre that the 1st may this year is a sunday^^[/quote]

^indeed
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

^^ Yes 2day is also the hypocrisy day, as I like 2 call it, bcos u dont do the 1 thing it celebrates.

out
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Today I phoned several aunts of mine until reaching my Grandma's. Then I helped my mom with the garden and finally I'm about to correct some exams so that the next week is a bit more peaceful.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

Whew..when I read the topic I thought I had missed Mothers Day. But it's the second sunday of May here in the U.S.

I usually do a card and a gift. My mom loves to garden so I usually like to pick out a nice plant/tree from the local nursery and give that to her
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

Down here Mother's Day is on 8th May. Planning to take my parents to cheese and wine festival near Stellenbosch. :)
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

jup 2nd week of may here

I just remembered we also tend to celebrate my grandfather's Bday coz his Bday is on the 11th of may
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.