N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Qatar hosting the 2022 WC

Post by Soccerman771 »

This is a big joke, right?

Discuss.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Qatar hosting the 2022 WC

Post by huGGy »

Yes, some people received alot of money i bet.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Ridiculous, I don't care that they have the best pib per capita in the world nor that they're going to have magnificent stadiums paid by oil. A country of 1 million people hosting the world cup? GJ.

On the same topic, Russia taking it is BS as well but tbh I'm not too sorry that the spanish didn't take it. Let's face it: in a SPAIN & portugal (more like SPAIN & lisbon/oporto) organization the spanish get the opening game, finals and 1 semi-final? The stadium distribution was so sad that we only got 3 stadiums, 2 in Lisbon and 1 in Oporto. No use made of our stadium in Algarve that no one uses and would be great for tourism nor other great stadiums in the country like the one in Braga.

We still got 1 third of the games but Spain clearly wanted too much credit for this, who cares about the 3rd/4th place game.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Totally agree with you there Sporting.

I would have liked to have seen a Netherlands/Belgium host. Would make for an epic S25. There's some good "legal" stuff to do in those countries....

I see the Qatar thing as a total slap in the face to the US. We've brought in more money from a hosted WC than anyone (well the source I read said that anyway), and yet a country less than the size of Connecticut with a population less than our 6th largest city (yeah, the country has a smaller population than our 6th largest CITY), and yet we get the snub? Dammed Sepp Blatter. See if we ever bail them out of a war again...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

I would have loved the Netherlands and Belgium hosting the World Cup, Qatar hosting it is indeed a big joke.
Last edited by DutchNvG on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Wow. They sure plan these events a long time in advance.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Who will use those Stadiums in Qatar after the WC? What a waste of money.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

The old stars league, who else?
It is a punishable offence to drink alcohol or be drunk in public. Offenders may incur a prison sentence or deportation. Alcohol is, however, available at licensed hotel restaurants and bars, and expatriates living in Qatar can obtain alcohol on a permit system. You should not carry alcohol with you, including in your car (except to take it on the day of collection from the warehouse to your home).

You should dress modestly when in public, including whilst driving. Women should cover their shoulders and avoid wearing short skirts. You should behave courteously at all times. Any intimacy in public between men and women (including between teenagers) can lead to arrest. Homosexual behaviour is illegal in Qatar.
Who the f*** will go there?
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

2022 world cup will be an epic failure. In a country so small, with so many visiting for the world cup, they won't have enough space in their cells for all the offenders, because... well... everyone who goes there will offend judging by the rules coma has listed above!
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I had never even heard of Qatar before this.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I guess FIFA chose this country because there is nothing there yet, so they can decide how the stadiums will look like. Its a lot easier that way.

But yeah I think this might fail a bit...
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Man u guys are so sad. Next ur going 2 say that FIFA is corrupt and that they are similar in real power to FMI and actively take part in the New World Order.pffftttt All they want is for the Qatar people 2 play more football. MayB the next Mourinho will b from Qatar.

How much oil will it take 2 have Qatar actually win the WC? lol

Who will use the stadiums after the WC?? Simple. Ull have enough chairs in all the stadiums put 2gether 2 b able 2 seat the whole country´s population. When people are tired they can bunch up and sit 2gether!

BTW, naturally agreeing with Sporting, 1 thing has 2 b said about the brand new stadiumhere in the Algarve. Last week the local team (which actually comes from a city 45km´s away 2 play in this stadium every ther week) couldnt finish the game cause the electrons running through the cables that feed the lighting system failed. Muhahahahahah. 6 year old stadium that houses a team 45 distant fails electricity. Only in Portugal.

out
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

i remember they had some awesome stadiums for euro 2004
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""LaZy""]
Who will use the stadiums after the WC?? Simple. Ull have enough chairs in all the stadiums put 2gether 2 b able 2 seat the whole country´s population. When people are tired they can bunch up and sit 2gether!
out[/quote]

Well the stadiums will be decomposed and build up in other places/oither countries who have more need of them. That is the plan
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]2022 world cup will be an epic failure. In a country so small, with so many visiting for the world cup, they won't have enough space in their cells for all the offenders, because... well... everyone who goes there will offend judging by the rules coma has listed above![/quote]

I'd like to see how they want to arrest 30.000 drunken Brits :D Representin' their Country topless, of course. =)