Wikileaks...

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Wikileaks...

Post by wicked_assassin »

K just changed my opnion about it's not that special. Untill now i have read only public secrets. But i just read an belgian equivalent: of this article:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/12/06/wi ... tml?hpt=T2

In that list 4 belgian companies or research centers who produce vacins. Let us give terrorists a hitlist in serveal countries. What a ****

I join soccer now almost completly in his statement. Only this he is still not a traitor, but an enemy. And i know only one way to deal with enemies.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I agree that the last leak was unnecessary and merely an abuse of power.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

the guy is a complete asshat

many bad things are in store for Assange and all his supporters. too bad the damage he and his suspected collaborator have done is irriversible.

at least the fool has no where to run anymore
- Dan
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

anything about China? site is blocked here
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

China hacks forgein goverment's cpu's...

Nothing new....
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

From wikipedia:

People's Republic of China

A Chinese official revealed that both public opinion in China and the government are "increasingly critical" of North Korea, stating that "China's influence with the North was frequently overestimated".[80] The Chinese mentioned that they do not "like" North Korea, but "they are a neighbor".[28]

A Chinese contact told the U.S. Embassy in Beijing that the Politburo of the Communist Party of China was responsible for instigating the January 2010 Google hacking incident[81] which was part of a wider "coordinated campaign of computer sabotage carried out by government operatives, private security experts and Internet outlaws recruited by the Chinese government"[81] targeting the U.S. and its Western allies.[82]
In February 2009, the U.S. Ambassador to Kyrgyzstan spoke to her Chinese counterpart, Zhang Yannian, after being notified that China had offered Kyrgyzstan $3 billion in return for the closure of Manas Air Base — an important U.S. base in Bishkek handling flights into and out of Afghanistan. She stated that during the encounter "visibly flustered, Zhang temporarily lost the ability to speak Russian and began spluttering in Chinese". He responded with his own proposal to the U.S. on dealing with the Kyrgyz to keep the base open, during which his aide remarked: "Or maybe you should give them $5 billion and buy both us and the Russians out".[83][84]

China's foreign policy has been criticized by Western diplomats as a "newly pugnacious", despite earlier policies assuring China's rise would be a "peaceful" one. US ambassador to Beijing, Jon Huntsman, Jr., has stated that the recent policy shift is "losing friends worldwide". Huntsman discussed a British diplomat critical of conduct by Chinese officials at the Copenhagen climate change summit, who considered the change in China's approach "shocking". He mentions that "China's more aggressive approach" has caused India to strengthen their relationship with the United States. Japanese diplomats confirmed the new "aggressive" approach, and a Moroccan diplomat commented that "China will never play the role of a global leader if it treats its trade partners so poorly". However, Huntsman reminds that this does not imply that nations will turn toward the United States in response, and that many countries are equally suspicious of the Americans as they are of the Chinese. He quotes Juliu Ole Sunkuli, who "claimed that Africa was better off thanks to China's practical, bilateral approach to development assistance and was concerned that this would be changed by 'western' interference… Sunkuli said Africans were frustrated by western insistence on capacity building, which translated, in his eyes, into conferences and seminars. They instead preferred China's focus on infrastructure and tangible projects."[85][86]

The cables state that China is engaging in cyberwarfare to bolster offensive and defensive computer network operations capabilities. Their recruits include Lin Yong, using the alias Lion, who founded the Honker Union of China, a Chinese hacker group that emerged after the US bombing of the Chinese embassy in Belgrade in 1999 and XFocus, the hacker group that released blaster worm in August 2003.[87]
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

There is now something new called Anonymous whos having many followers, which all install a virus on their computer which makes all the computers try to acces the same website, which will make the webside shut down.

And they are using it to take out websides that are negative about wikileaks in any way.

Thats what I think at least.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Plain crap the way Mastercard, visa and paypal cut the support to Wikileaks due to government pressure. I agree that some stuff shouldn't have been revealed even though there was a leak in the system, like the safeplace list, and that Wikileaks is publishing information the way they want.

Stuff like "Sarkozy is a petit Napoleon" and "Medvedev is Putin's puppet" are also obvious and add nothing new.

However, I'm all for having the dirty stuff revealed. What's with tricking the general public with nice speeches and cool stuff just to find that's it's all hypocrisy? Politicians set the example, i.e. I didn't think Obama was the kind of guy that would pressure Slovenia into accepting a Guantanamo prisioner in exchange for an official visit from him. Or Mastercard and Visa asking usa's government to pressure the russian government not to approve a tax that will hit them. The same companies that stopped serving Wikileaks but still serve other nefarious organizations.
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]
However, I'm all for having the dirty stuff revealed. What's with tricking the general public with nice speeches and cool stuff just to find that's it's all hypocrisy? Politicians set the example, i.e. I didn't think Obama was the kind of guy that would pressure Slovenia into accepting a Guantanamo prisioner in exchange for an official visit from him. Or Mastercard and Visa asking usa's government to pressure the russian government not to approve a tax that will hit them. The same companies that stopped serving Wikileaks but still serve other nefarious organizations.[/quote]

That's not pressure, The bush administration aplied actually real pressure on countries. Obama has more a policy of i scrab your back and you scrab my back.