Alternate Forum Themes?

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alternate Forum Themes?

Post by KingKaramazov »

Jw if it's at all possible to get any other forum themes...like instead of the white / light grey bordered by dark blue, an alternate layout with dark blue / slate gray bordered by lighter colors.

would be a nice change, plus it'd make some things show up better (like, say, my signature / avatar).

I could also look into making a Starcraft 2 themed N3O banner as part of an alternate theme, for any members who are more into playing SC2 now.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Alternate Forum Themes?

Post by Palehorse »

I finally get some free time to see about some AOE3 gaming, and now we are switching games?
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Post by deaconferal »

I wouldn't mind those changes at all. A banner that could somehow incorporate both SC2 and AoE3 would be really neat, though probably hard to get right.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""Palehorse""]I finally get some free time to see about some AOE3 gaming, and now we are switching games?[/quote]

The clan is by no means switching games.

There's merely another game that many of the members are playing. It is not as if nobody is playing AoE3 anymore or that N3O is no longer an AoE3 clan.

It's just an SC2 clan as well, now.

Take care to understand I'm suggesting an alternate theme that may or may not include a SC2 themed banner, not a replacement of the AoE3 themed banner for all themes.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

King hehe poke yourself in the eye... Then you should see loads of different colours hehe. I believe it may be possible but not sure if the whole of N30 or just say starcaft would change. I have seen other colours before, but somehow we choose this one....did not get my vote hehe. Guess it a Coma question.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

You need a banner that combines both. Perhaps a Zerg attack on an AOE3 HC.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

It is possible to have "user preference" when it comes to themes, so each user can choose which theme they would like to see when they log in to the site, we tried it to start with when we first set up the website but for some reason (can't remember now) we decided to stick with this one for all.
Perhaps we can look at it again and offer a choice of themes.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

To be honest: Themes for Dragonfly (CMS we use) are scarce since it isn't a real popular CMS. But i have come to like it since u can add functions very easily.
Changing themes is for user now disabled but can be activated any time.
i have no problem with it that user can change the theme.
We have two options:
1. Providing this theme with another color.
2. Choosing a theme from here, i will not put any work into creating a custom theme except for changing banners or/and colors of an existing theme. Themes can be found under the following link
http://dragonflycms.org/Downloads/c=45/

U can make suggestions and we will look into it.
Also i would prefer to have only one banner (maybe only different in color according to theme), combining SC2&AOE3 so people know what to expect here if they hit the site the first time.

That are my thoughts on this topic
cya,
Coma
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Palehorse""]I finally get some free time to see about some AOE3 gaming, and now we are switching games?[/quote]

if you wouldn't be a casual player you would notice already that only ery few people are on fp anymore.. 8O and we are still an aoe clan :P
we are merely embracing a new RTS game, which alot of our clan members already got ahold of
what strokey and coma saidis good, i thikn we can do well without a specific sc2 theme, just a a darker one with a sc2 banner that coma can easily create (i can fully understand why coma wouldn't want to make the whole forum theme by himself.)
then people can choose from which theme they would like to use. colours could be something from blackish to blue
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

got inspired by all the banner talk
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

wow ckei that is OP! :)
the marine shooting at the japanese daimyo, showing him who's the boss here
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

imho the daimyo/aoe part doesnt look good, just too dark :/.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""HeJurmhoanni""]imho the daimyo/aoe part doesnt look good, just too dark :/.[/quote]

that's the point of it^^
aoe3 is old and forgotten, sc2 is the new shining star!
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

lol
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""][quote=""HeJurmhoanni""]imho the daimyo/aoe part doesnt look good, just too dark :/.[/quote]

that's the point of it^^
aoe3 is old and forgotten, sc2 is the new shining star![/quote]

Nah, in my opinion AOE should get a nice picture since that's the game which all of us enjoyed for many years :roll: :wink:
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson