SPORTS!

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: SPORTS!

Post by joe4holly »

I used to play rugby for my school, Then I got to lazy ..
adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by adeadmanrunning »

I play deck hockey and my league is starting up next weekend. I played baseball and even made the varsity team this year but due to me injuring my throwing arm i had to quite. :( (still have next year as i am only a junior). I love to play hockey though and am quite good at it. :)
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

[quote=""cleeduz""]In high school & college I played Football (American) and baseball. Go Packers & Red Sox!

I casually follow both on TV/online (nothing serious though).

Currently: I'm a Disc (Frisbee) Golf and Fly-Fishing addict, I guess I've officially turned into a hippy. lol[/quote]

Fly fishing is fun..only done it on a few occasions though. Where do you usually go?
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

School - Rugby, cricket, hockey & water polo (until I got banned from it after I broke someone's nose)
Varsity - Rugby & cricket
Post varsity until two years ago (when I broke my collar bone) - rugby, cricket & squash
Now - squash only (I am getting old now LOL)
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

[quote=""GeneralMichael""][quote=""Destructor2""]Hey jw what sports you guys play/ used to play? Or if you don't play sports, do you follow any online/TV? I play water polo and follow college basketball (MARCH MADNESS). I hope to play water polo for either Michigan University or Illinois University, or maybe even Cornell. How bout you? 8)[/quote]
woot another water polo player. I played polo in highschool for 3 years, now am in my first year at Bloomsburg University, and play for the team there. I used to do some soccer when I was a little kid during the summer. Also play table tennis and used to play on my church's volleyball team. I don't really follow any sport on tv. I will follow the Eagles Football(American) team for a while, though mostly just watch them in the play offs. Also I try to watch the USA Olympic Water Polo team during the Olympics, though I have so far always missed them.[/quote]

+1 what position??

Dang we got some athletic guys in here :) Lazy I thinks rules all. Wish I could attend S25, too young to make the decision on my own though haha.
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""etrips888""][quote=""cleeduz""]In high school & college I played Football (American) and baseball. Go Packers & Red Sox!

I casually follow both on TV/online (nothing serious though).

Currently: I'm a Disc (Frisbee) Golf and Fly-Fishing addict, I guess I've officially turned into a hippy. lol[/quote]

Fly fishing is fun..only done it on a few occasions though. Where do you usually go?[/quote]

I "worked" as a guide in Montana for 3-4 years, after moving to NH, I have given up on trout (I was spoiled in MT :twisted: ) and will usually go for bass. I have also made a few trips to the Redding area of CA, beautiful area.
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

[quote=""cleeduz""]
I "worked" as a guide in Montana for 3-4 years, after moving to NH, I have given up on trout (I was spoiled in MT :twisted: ) and will usually go for bass. I have also made a few trips to the Redding area of CA, beautiful area.[/quote]

Nice! I actually fly fished in Montana myself! And I agree Redding is really beautiful
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

I had forgotten you live in NH cleeduz, which part is it again?
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""blayzer13""]I had forgotten you live in NH cleeduz, which part is it again?[/quote]
I'm in Nashua, just south of Manchvegas. :) Where in VT are you again?

[quote=""etrips888""]

Nice! I actually fly fished in Montana myself! And I agree Redding is really beautiful[/quote]

Wow! Really, where in MT? I lived in Bozeman, and also had a place on the Bighorn River. Some of the best trout fishing in the world, and I left it.... I'm still kicking myself. lol
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

I live in Westminster which is about 20mi north of Brattleboro, my uncle lives in Nashua. It's about an 1.5 hour drive over there.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

[quote=""cleeduz""]
Wow! Really, where in MT? I lived in Bozeman, and also had a place on the Bighorn River. Some of the best trout fishing in the world, and I left it.... I'm still kicking myself. lol[/quote]

Went out on the Ruby River on a couple trips. I think the lodge we stayed was around an hour and a half out from bozeman. Such a beautiful area
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Hey Destructor, where in Chicago do you live? I was there for almost 5 years.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Destructor2""][quote=""GeneralMichael""][quote=""Destructor2""]Hey jw what sports you guys play/ used to play? Or if you don't play sports, do you follow any online/TV? I play water polo and follow college basketball (MARCH MADNESS). I hope to play water polo for either Michigan University or Illinois University, or maybe even Cornell. How bout you? 8)[/quote]
woot another water polo player. I played polo in highschool for 3 years, now am in my first year at Bloomsburg University, and play for the team there. I used to do some soccer when I was a little kid during the summer. Also play table tennis and used to play on my church's volleyball team. I don't really follow any sport on tv. I will follow the Eagles Football(American) team for a while, though mostly just watch them in the play offs. Also I try to watch the USA Olympic Water Polo team during the Olympics, though I have so far always missed them.[/quote]

+1 what position??

Dang we got some athletic guys in here :) Lazy I thinks rules all. Wish I could attend S25, too young to make the decision on my own though haha.[/quote]

I play goalie, I am far to slow for the field since I have only done 1 year on the swim team unlike the rest of the team members who are always on the swim team. It takes me 40 seconds to swim 50m. Also I have had some experience as a goalie before like in soccer, and it does help a bit that I am taller than most of the players on the team so my arms are longer :D Also for some reason, the ball seems to be attracted to me head. :?

frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Hey Destructor, where in Chicago do you live? I was there for almost 5 years.[/quote]

Ravenswood :D
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

[quote=""GeneralMichael""][quote=""Destructor2""][quote=""GeneralMichael""][quote=""Destructor2""]Hey jw what sports you guys play/ used to play? Or if you don't play sports, do you follow any online/TV? I play water polo and follow college basketball (MARCH MADNESS). I hope to play water polo for either Michigan University or Illinois University, or maybe even Cornell. How bout you? 8)[/quote]

+1 what position??

Dang we got some athletic guys in here :) Lazy I thinks rules all. Wish I could attend S25, too young to make the decision on my own though haha.[/quote]

I play goalie, I am far to slow for the field since I have only done 1 year on the swim team unlike the rest of the team members who are always on the swim team. It takes me 40 seconds to swim 50m. Also I have had some experience as a goalie before like in soccer, and it does help a bit that I am taller than most of the players on the team so my arms are longer :D Also for some reason, the ball seems to be attracted to me head. :?[/quote]

haha i played goalie my freshman year since i too played soccer goalie but i took a polo camp at princeton university and dramatically improved my ball handling and shot power so i became center :D i'm also relatively fast, 25 s for the 50 m, though i swim the 500 free during swim season so im also very endurent, and rarely get pulled for rest. our goalie is a state recognized goalie, and I'm on the ballot for statewide center as well, which would help with college alot haha