new Nightmare

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

new Nightmare

Post by deadhanddan »

i been following developement of the remake of the original 1983 Nightmare on Elm Street movie and the release is slated for April this year , anyone else have plans of seeing it?

here is the official teaser for those who haven't seen it

Nightmare on Elm Street
- Dan
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: new Nightmare

Post by blayzer13 »

I continually get this confused with Monsters on Maple Street, I'm unsure why.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

I dont like all this remake stuff. I read somewhere the next spiderman will start from zero. When will batman begin again? Or remake star wars episode 4-6. (or remake them all, 1-3 suck bigtime).
King kong remake wasnt worth it.

I dont want to spoil anything Dan, but I really cant see a movie that 1. I know the story and 2. I have seen the original one and 3. the original one is better.
They dont all suck. Batman new series is enjoyable.

But there are so many good stories and books out there, waiting for a movie adaptation.
Please hollywood, make those.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

I did really like the first nightmare series, I was 10 years old then you gotta love those movies.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

valid points luukje. but if remakes can show anything its that sometimes a remake can be better then the original. by introducing different and unique approachs such as say batman : its pretty safe to say that both the ones by burton and nolan are good in there own ways , but the nolan ones add more depth , story , and plot which are good things. another movie to be such is the 2007 remake of Halloween. can say that the 1979 and 2007 Halloween are great in their own ways but can't deny that the latest is better as having a more developed story line.
- Dan
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

The fact that Mr Michael Bay has his little prodigal fingers in this flick is going 2 be a huge contribuition.

This genre is my thing at all, but I have 2 agree with ^^ Luukje here since the Elm Street franchise is really in the great classical section of this genre. We grow up on this stuff and will always have a soft spot 4 it.

out
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

haha i always found the original freddy krueger to be comical , this new one has a remade freddy who is all about business :D thas what im looking forward to
- Dan
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

A good remake should not try to be a better version of the original but find its own adaptation of the wellknown story.
Batman is the perfect example. The burton series are a fanatasy rich translation of the cartoon. But it is still a cartoon. The nolan films are taking the story a lot more serious, like there really could be a batman out there.
Maybe they can do the same with Nightmare, but michael bay for me is the personification of all what is wrong with hollywood movies: it's all about action, explosions and lame oneliners.

Nightmare on elm street had a game to! Ever played that lazy?
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Wow. I had no clue that this was in production. I guess I'm not paying attention. I remember watching both parts I and II back in like 1984-1985 or something like that and they scared the crap out of me. Couldn't watch the "bad" parts and didn't really like sleeping all that much after that.

Not having Robert Englund be freddie will be the hardest part for me. Like Luukje and Lazy said there's a point where the remake just doesn't cut it. They are after all telling the same story, just with new effects and different actors.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""luukje""]A good remake should not try to be a better version of the original but find its own adaptation of the wellknown story.
Batman is the perfect example. The burton series are a fanatasy rich translation of the cartoon. But it is still a cartoon. The nolan films are taking the story a lot more serious, like there really could be a batman out there.
Maybe they can do the same with Nightmare, but michael bay for me is the personification of all what is wrong with hollywood movies: it's all about action, explosions and lame oneliners.

Nightmare on elm street had a game to! Ever played that lazy?[/quote]

So did the Friday the 13th series. Played 'em both.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

this is why i pointed out batman and halloween remakes , same story but at same time different

idk why everyone is judging this movie simply because of a teaser , if anything ppl should hold judgements until after viewing it if they do. halloween remake for example ''appeared'' to be same thing as original but after viewing it turned out very differently while keeping orginal theme and base plot.

don't judge a book errhm i mean movie by cover ;)
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Not all horror remakes are bad. I think they did a good job remaking George Romero's Dawn of the Dead a few years ago. Since then, there has been a huge resurgence of interest in zombie movies. I think that's a good thing; but I just really like zombie movies.

I was never much a fan of the Elm Street series. I do remember reading a lot about how they made them years ago in a horror movie magazine I used to buy called "Fangoria." They used to interview the guy who played Freddy and stuff like that. These things really turned a 10-year-old (errm, me) on.

Hellraiser is another one they'll probably remake sooner or later. That was a nutty movie back in the day (1987 to be horrifically specific).
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Hellraiser was a different sort of movie,lol. That was a really scary one.
I would put Nightmare more in the friday night scary movie great american tradition.

Clive barker, I had so much fun reading his books in college.

The movies that really scared me as a kid were Alien and The thing. My parents let me see that last film when I was maybe 10 years old, I couldnt sleep for weeks after that.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I quite liked the remake of House on the haunted hill.
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Et scared the living day lights out of me. Still does every time the wife wants to watch I spit and curse. Yeah Hellraiser withold pin head was good!

Has anyone seen Wolfcreek? Thats a good moedern horror!