Back up

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Back up

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Yesterday I was hanging out with friends and someone taught us how to play a game called 'Back up', and it was so funny that I might as well post the rules here in case you want to try it. It can be played by any number of people greater than 2; I will give an example of a situation with 3 players. Person A picks a famous person, for example Barack Obama. The objective for the others is to guess who it is. Person A then reveals the first letter of the name: B in this case.
Now either of the other players tries to think of a person whose name starts with a B; say person B thinks of George Bush (both first name and last name are possible). Now, he needs to let person C know he's thinking of George Bush which he may do by saying anything he'd like. For instance, he can say 'American ex-president'. Now, if person C knows (or thinks he does) who person B is talking about, he says 'back up' and person B and C start counting down from 3. When they reach 0, they say "George Bush" simultaneously. If that happens, person A has to reveal the second letter of 'his person', which is an A in my example. However, person A won't have to reveal the second letter if he says "No guys, it's not George Bush" during the countdown.
When player B and C know the first two letters, they have to think of a person whose name starts with both revealed letters; BA: for instance J.S. Bach or Barney from the Flintstones. Repeat this process until B and C have guessed the right person :)
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Back up

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

this sounds very complicated man, i doubt after a couple beers people get the rules straight eh? ;-)
the Back-Up i know is backing up with more beverage :-P