USA foreign credibility saved or created

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

USA foreign credibility saved or created

Post by IndyBrit »

We've talked about this before, where I've indicated that people would talk nicer about the USA with Obama in office but that we would still be treated the same. Chicago was bounced in the first round of voting for the 2016 despite a personal sales pitch by the wonderful world-wide leader.

This reminds me of the job losses here in the US. Every time we get a bad jobs report, they say "it would have been worse without the government stimulus". There's something you can't argue against. Therefore, although NYC was booted in the second round during the last Olympic planning, and Chicago was bumped in the first, it's safe to say that the Chicago business this time would have been even worse if Obama had not gone over and weighed in. Maybe Chicago would have been bumped in the zero-th round voting instead of the first.

Despite our diminishing foreign credibility, the Obama administration should take some positivies out of this, and focus on the foreign credibility "saved or created". They have no shame doing so on jobs.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: USA foreign credibility saved or created

Post by deadhanddan »

the world will always bad mouth us , been doing it at increasing rate ever since USSR fell. the critics luv us when we are needed , when we are in need they make us the butt of jokes.

we are just a nation that people luv to hate *except when they want our help*
- Dan
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

It's a funny contrast. During the last administration, it was always, "the economy didn't grow as much as it should have." and as you point out, now it's that the economy didn't decline as much as it should have.
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

Eh indy. chicago lost only an election of the olympics. It has nothing to do with bad mouthing or the whole world being against the US.

seriously you guys got some isues... you got the whole word is against us isue...
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""wicked_assassin""]Eh indy. chicago lost only an election of the olympics. It has nothing to do with bad mouthing or the whole world being against the US.

seriously you guys got some isues... you got the whole word is against us isue...[/quote] i don't see or hear anyone burning your nation's flags and chanting like : '' death to america'' and '' america : the great satan '' which we see alot on t.v.
- Dan
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

ow don't worry man, many people whant the belgians to die lol. we got also our hate videos, etc...

is only a part of being a western country,...
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

weißwurst, süßer senf und bretzel,
discuss!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

USA with Obama is much more popular than USA with Bush for sure.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

@ Wicked:
I'm not saying the whole world is against us. We're having a shorthand version of an ongoing conversation we've had in these forums, so we don't have a lot of context just in this thread.

The US is acting in a lot of areas, and there is a general concern that there are things that we think need to be done, but that we don't get help from Allies. For example, Bush was unable to secure NATO commitments to troop increases in Afghanistan, he was unable to get European buy-in on a Palestinian-Israeli accord, he was unable to get European nations (and others) involved in the Iran nuclear issue, and he was unable to get other nations to assist in North Korea. Around the time Obama was elected, I pointed out that, although the rhetoric will surely be more positive, the actual results of our relationships with other countries will continue to be similar to the past.

Do you think Obama would have crossed the Atlantic to show up at the IOC if he knew we were going to get the boot on the first vote? He was undoubtedly getting the business from foreign leaders, but they did not support him when he got there. He has not yet realized that the world still does not agree with US priorities in foreign matters and they still think we are a bully even if he is in office. Where are the troops for Afghanistan? This is a war that Obama insists is necessary. He is more likable to the world than prior Presidents, especially Bush, but this will result in no different outcomes than we've seen in the past, and the general decline in perceptions of the US that has been ongoing since the end of World War II will continue as long as the US "leads".

Not sure how much of that you're going to bother to read, since after my last long post, wherein I predicted the collapse of the US government, you told me that I need to watch out for being blinded by patriotism. But it's presented for your amusement anyway.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]USA with Obama is much more popular than USA with Bush for sure.[/quote]

For no reason either. Makes zero sense how the US is reflected by one person being elected.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

K indy i'm gonna say a couple stuff....

First the IOC is an independent internation organisation. has nothing to do with forgein leaders. Other cities who were part of their voting probably sended their own represantive (who has outside the us also influence). Just like we belgians sended our old man (the king, at least then he has purpose). To the fifa to act as our represantive.

People outside the us are able to get influenced by other people then the president of united states.

And let me tell you one other thing, i have watched cnn, cnbc a couple times on the internet about forgein afaires. And i can conclude only one thing.

You guys get a biased view of the world. honestly. Do you know how many effort we europeans have put in several matters? congo, somali and countless others. We are the largest donators of humanitary help. Belgium has deployed f16 not that long ago in afgahanistan altough we are involved in several countries, goes the same for other countries,...

But you guys always complain and are blind for our efforts... Americans (the people) apperently think european states whant to see the us fall.

Do you know how involved we are with eachother, we have worked together true the years a lot. In economy, humanitary and military. Countries like germany, netherlands and belgium are in possession of US nuclear weapons. You guys only see and take notice of when we disagree (which was more during bush his time).
It's Time you guys (the commen american) finaly realise: WE ARE your **** ALLIES...their is no **** way we desire your distruction.

your posts aren't funny anymore...
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

I think some things are getting lost in translation, because the true character of my comments is greatly different than what seems to be your understanding of my comments.

Peace, my friend.
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

[quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""wicked_assassin""]Eh indy. chicago lost only an election of the olympics. It has nothing to do with bad mouthing or the whole world being against the US.

seriously you guys got some isues... you got the whole word is against us isue...[/quote] i don't see or hear anyone burning your nation's flags and chanting like : '' death to america'' and '' america : the great satan '' which we see alot on t.v.[/quote]

They do with dutch flags, :) We got a politicus named Geert Wilders who doesn't like Islam and after fitna Islam doesn't like Wilders. By the way Indy, bush didn't get much help in Afganistan because he did it without agreement of or Navo or UN (or without both, don't remember clearly.
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Oh come on. Chicago lost because they heard that parking is really bad, traffic is horrible on I-94 and people run around town dressed as Cubby bears wearing Bears capes while munching big Vienna Beef sausages and toasted pretzels. Plus they heard about Mayor Daley's response to the question: "Mr. Mayor! Mr. Mayor! What do you think of all the scrutiny?" ---> "Whaddya tahkin' about? I git scroo-tin' all the time!"

This had nothing to do with America's standing around the globe. It had to do with the peculiarities of a city with a famous eatery named "Nuts on Clark."
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

[quote=""lordandcount""]
They do with dutch flags, :) We got a politicus named Geert Wilders who doesn't like Islam and after fitna Islam doesn't like Wilders. By the way Indy, bush didn't get much help in Afganistan because he did it without agreement of or Navo or UN (or without both, don't remember clearly.[/quote]

dunno, like it's a big deal they burn flags... the fools whaste their money on a flag and afther that they burn it..

morrons...

edit: for my part they can make a large campfire of belgian flags... i wouldn't care less.