Re: Happy birthday!

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

Happy birthday :)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Have a blast on your 18th birthday, I hope you wont remember anything of it ;)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sporting
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Happy Birthday! Sporting, Just remember Give your liver a rest once in a while and you will be fine :D
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Happy Birthday Sporting!

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Congrats amigo.

I hope u enjoyed ur day.

Let us know about Uni and the Praxes. I was in Coimbra yesterday and saw some really fun stuff and kept on thinking about how u were doing :)

Abraço

out
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Thanks everybody!

I had a lot of fun yesterday night and the night before ( 24/09 at 0:00 and then the day after ).

Congratulations to all who guessed right, I did get drunk! I did not puke but I was very happy and I had a cool way of walking too.

So. Lazy is spot on.

Praxe. What's that cool name? From greek praxis. Means when you get to uni you get pranked nearly 24/7 on the first week. I was indeed the most pranked guy probably due to me laughing a lot in their faces in the first day and due to my insanity of doing a lot of crazy stuff. Most students from the Dental university are shy: everyone has very good grades and most of them are girls.

So:

Praxe Day 1: Matriculation in University

Do you know all that bureaucracy and paper work you have to get right on the first day? A huge queue? HOURS waiting?

Oh but time's gonna pass very quickly if you got people from the 2nd grade, veterans, dressed with their badass academic cloak, tie and shirt (not that homosexual hat you have in the USA) pranking you when you have no were to run. Long story made short: new face and nails make-up, lots of ink, getting on the knees, singing dumb songs etc etc.

Praxe Day 2: Announcement at the university claims there's a class at 8:00 AM to pick the class schedule

So we had to wake up really early to go and get the best class timetable since the first people who arrived there got to pick it first. When we go to the class room there are two teacher assistants and then we get to know some basics of anatomy, but on a really tough atmosphere and really getting us scared on how focked up anatomy is.

30 mins later all the dressed prankers invade the room and we have to leave the class crawling.

Some of the pranks included me and other 4 boys having to sing the 5 wh0res song while dancing like in a cabaret. Then one boy at a time comes forward and tells a wh0re name to make a rime.

Another prank. I got picked to leave the crawling and I was told to scream as male as I could. After some weak screams I managed to get something decent. Then they wanted me to dance around holding my knee and spinning around. Then after that I'd have to go to the floor and fake an epileptic attack. Then they needed a praxe name and the little genius came out with Super Frenchman (perhaps super because I'm a lil big/strong? anyway Frenchman is totally random). So every time one of the prankers yelled Super Francês! i had to do that little scheme.

After that we went to the grass near the uni department and had several praxe games and stuff. Dirty stuff. [Use imagination here]. I.e. every time a plane crossed the air (the uni is on the plane route so we get tons of them) we all had to jump to the floor with our hands covering our heads and screaming AHHHH.

At lunch we had to eat without knives and forks but with 2 toothpicks. Since I had nothing more to do at school that day and since there was a treasure hunt game the day after I silently left the place.

Day 3: Treasure hunt game (in portuguese Peddy-paper, an english term made by us cause it sounds cool)

So Peddy-papers are usually cool stuff where you go around the town following tips about the place location you have to go. Silly Bernardo didn't expect to get so hardcore pranked.

The subway was free that day so we could go around in Lisbon very easily. The top pranks included:

- Getting covered in mustard, eggs, caramel, ketchup, beer etc.
- More silly games.
- Losing a rectangle of hair in my right leg and having to pretend it hurt or else I'd lose more hair.
- Having to do the Super Francês stuff in most bases. (They had 7 bases all over Lisbon)
- Having to dance and do pushups in one of the most popular old town streets.
- Having to get wet on a fountain.
- Etc, use your imagination, you got the point.
- Having to go home all dirty.

I left home for uni at 7:15 and got home at 21:00.

Day 4: PROFIT. Rally das tascas! (tasca=tavern)

Went to the anatomy class in the morning. Holy sheet, OMG. No terror movie beats that shiz. Super demanding professor warning us that we're gonna have to study a lot more, warning that the professor isn't there to make friends etc etc followed by slideshows of anatomy schemes followed by pics of dead bodies with the organs that were in the last anatomy schemes is W T F.

Then I got back home quietly and came back at night for the Rally das tascas. Basically after waiting a long time for all the veterans to show up (this time most of them weren't dressed for pranking and the point of this rally das tascasis just to have fun) the rally started. So there are teams with uni freshmen (in portuguese caloiros) and some veterans. The team has to have a a name and a shout and then, similarly to the peddy paper we have to go through all the bases spread all over Bairro Alto that is a bar filled zone of Lisbon.

Our team name was Alcoholic Canines (the teeth, not the dogs ofc). Our shout was a lil music:

"Você não bebe nada mas eu bebo por você
Você não bebe nada mas eu bebo por você
Tudo o que eu quero é cair, morrer
Tudo o que eu quero é cair, morrer"

Modified Brazilian accented song to include our great will of drinking, no need for translation (you dont drink anything but I drink for me and you, all I want is to fall down) with a lil choreography.

Long story made short: female veterans drunk from the start, caloiros very happy and loads of sheet. I even had to declare my love to a chick in french among other stuff.

Beer, wine, vodka, ginjinha, cachaça, amêndoa amarga, whisky.

It was a lot of fun to see all the serious prankers all drunk, we got to know each other a lot and I convinced my parents on going to all this crazy stuff cause it was my birthday! At 0:00 everyone stopped and sang Happy Birthday ^^

I don't remember the last time I had had so much fun, strong drinks ftw :D I also noticed I seemed to resist the alcohol rather well since many other guys puked including the galz on my team (statistics: 2 out of 7 in our team were boys, including myself).

Then my father picked me up at 1:30 and I didn't look that bad so I managed to convince him to let me go to the dinner the day after.

That dinner was a lot of softer :( There wasn't much of a hangover for me, my stomach was just a lil dizzy but I was alright. That dinner the drinks were just beer and sangria. They got us used to hard stuff and then we had to stay at the dinner for a couple hours with beer and sangria (i dont like sangria at all). After that we had free enter in a disco but the dj wasn't much for my likes, but well we still had some fun (the bass wasn't strong enough). Got home at 3:30. Woke up at 6:45 for uni.

Today there was a tomato throwing scheduled. But, but but the DUMBFOCKS forgot about the part that, well, rotten tomatoes are softer than mature tomatoes but theyre also over ninethousand times more discusting. The rotten tomatoes were stored in the uni and well, simply put, they were forced to get the tomatoes in the trash and the caloiros got their asses saved!

Despite all the pranks that might get a bit discusting, my insanity and dedication was so good that I think I might have met and made more friends among the older dudes than the caloiros.

I hope I was as good as I think you you were Lazy. Tell us some stories as well and I'll get some more details on how I danced and did the Super Francês in Rua Augusta after drinking vodka. I also here admit that after getting happy with alcohol I now see it with much kinder eyes than before :) So Djdan I lose, you win (old topic about drinks, dunno if you remember)

Some statistics: 11 boys and 49 girls at dental medicine = profit as well

TL;DR (too long; didn't read) : Sporting goes on a long description of all the stupid stuff he did on his uni first week, which coincided with his birthday, since according to some studies freshmen in the rest of the world are too sissies to do this kind of stuff making Portugal the only country with praxes.

Anyone else entered uni this year?
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

^^ great stuff there. Glad you enjoyed it. That alcohol is not that bad stuff if you do it right. I had to learn that as well.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

Happy belated Birthday, Sporting.

Actually, my son just started uni this year. Please all contribute to my PayPal account when you have a minute.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Wow sounds like it gave you a bunch of good stories, too bad in America you have to wait till your 21 :( to dink and even though the University that I'm going to is the 12th biggest party school on the east coast we do have one of the stricktest no alcohol policies, with the police doing a lot more raids than other universities. My sister's boy friend goes to Drexel University in Philidelphia and he said that they even have cops at the doors where the parties are to help those who end up drunk even if they are not 21 yet.

Wetmelon
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Wetmelon »

Happy bday homeslice!

Oh and I just started uni this year. Please contribute to my parents' PayPal account when you have a minute :P

Oh, btw, Michael: My university literally has a bar on campus. The drinking age is 19, and they don't do any raids. The RA's go to parties xD
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

HAHAHAHAH nice 1 Sporting

Im sooooo glad u enjoyed it. When done properly they totoally rock. It is, however veru easy 2 get it all worng. Most of the freshman are shy and timid whilst most of the Veterans are eager for revenge. If u mix in a little alcohol things can go horribly wrong.

Thankfully I was blessed with a lot of luck which accompanied me throughout my extremely intense academic life. In 1996, when I enrolled in Uni I was elected Caloiro of the year. The following year I was the ony 2nd year student allowed 2 do praxes. In my third year I was already a member of the Praxe Council, in my 4th year I had my very own group of caloiros 2 handle and in 5th year I was the 1st and only student to be given veteran stutus, Veteranvm honoris cavsa. In my 6th and final year I sat with our Dvx and was a full member of the Concilvm Veteranorivm.

What this all means is that by my 4th year I was one of a very restricted bunch of "animals" that organized a bunch of academic activities. These range from academic baptisims, to parties in discos ranging over two thousand people. Academic dinners with over 600 dinners. I might add the following; an academic dinner = no1 starts 2 eat b4 the Dvx ( the dude with the hioghest Nº of enrollments in a higher education school ( ours had 34 meaning he is at all 18 years plus 34). Only when he arrives ( and that could take a couple of ours) does the meal commence. What makes a academic dinner special, amongst many thibgs is that the entire meal is eaten backwards. 1stly, therefor, we start with whiskey, after comes the coffee and dessert. This means that btw u reach starters ur pretty much shjt faced. Toasts. Well toasts are always special, but when u get ur doing for any odd reason at all then something special gets u drunk especially fast.

There are simnply 2 many stories 2 share and 2 few neurons left 2 remember.All I know Sporting is that I had a lot of great nostalgic thoughts cross my mind when I read ur summary. Ur best days still await my very young padawan :)

out