Top 5 music concerts you've ever seen.

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Top 5 music concerts you've ever seen.

Post by RascalJones »

I've been listening to a lot of music lately, and I can remember seeing so many of the shows that the artist have performed....although not many lately.

So, my top 5

5. Motley Crue/Whitesnake, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland Ohio, 1987 - on of my first REAL concerts, and the first time I had seen so much craziness in one place in my life. Motley Crue is still one of my all time favorites.

4. HORDE Festival 1994, Polaris Amphitheater, Columbus Ohio. Great show, I'll always be grateful for the music I was introduced at the HORDE festivals, I went to 4 of them over the years.

3. Michael Stanley Band, Blossom Music Center, Cleveland Ohio, Summer 1994, Their "Last Show Ever", and 15 years later, it has been the last MSB show. (unlike Cher, Kiss, Eagles, etc..) I only expect maybe 2 other people on this forum to even KNOW who MSB is (most likely to know - Saint/Rubberchuck)

2. Eagles, Polaris Amphitheater, Columbus Ohio, Summer 1994, front row of the lawn section. I was a BIG fan back then, and it was really almost a dream show.

1. BB King, Palace Theater, Columbus Ohio, November 1998 - 12th row, center stage. AWESOME night of music.

OK, make it top 6. Bob Seger at the Palace at Auburn Hills near Detroit Michigan, nothing like seeing a legend perform in his hometown.

Other classic shows:
Eric Clapton, Rush, Santana/Rusted Root, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Jeff Healey (snuck in for free in Windsor, Ontario), Taj Mahal, G Love & Special Sauce, Van Halen, David Lee Roth, and on and on and on.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Top 5 music concerts you've ever seen.

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

2. Rock in Rio Lisboa 2008 Orishas, Kaiser Chiefs, Muse, The Offspring, Linkin Park - my first concert, it was a lot of fun. I'm a HUGE fan of Linkin Park and I knew nearly all the songs except for the newer ones. Kaiser Chiefs was tons of fun, Muse was OP seeing them live and Offspring was okish too (Orishas are left out cause they're sucky). I was a bit far from the stage, but it was a nice day.

1. Optimus Alive! 2009 Ramp, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Machine Head, Slipknot, Metallica. Heavier. AWESOME. Already described in an earlier post :p

And that's all for me. I'm only 17 :p
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Well Depeche Mode numerous times they have a good stage show, but their recent stuff is poor personally

Jesus Jones for a mosh pit mayhem

Faithless was one large bouncy castle

Primal scream Pro b the loudest band I have heard and come to think of it the atmosphere smelt like a skunk had died!

Not really a gig but went to TFI Chris Evans show

Foo Fighters, Green Day, Fun loving Criminals, they played about 3-4 songs each was fairly good
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I'll never forget seeing the Godfather of Soul, JAMES BROWN, perform live in Central Park back in 1997. He was in his 60s then, but still rocked the pants off everyone else who showed up that day.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

That's what I'm talkin' about Kaiser!

That would rock!
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Well I'd like to think that my best five concerts are still ahead of me but these ones were pretty good:

Dragonforce - insane guitarists, playing at absolutely unbelievable speed and they even played a keyboard guitar thing. The support bands were great too invoking a lot of moshing.

Muse in wembely. Just awesome.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - my first proper gig that didn't involve people I know and leaning against the speakers whilst sneaking beers.

MCR - they were only the support band but I guess they forgot to tell them that as they put on a great show and got the crowd going, loads of energy even did the whole crossing the stage on your back whilst playing a guitar solo thing which I thought was pretty funny.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Luka Bloom a few times, he's an irish singer/songwriter, doubt anyone knows him tho
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
St_Brewer
Captain
Captain

Post by St_Brewer »

well av been to loads of gigs wouldnt call them concerts but one that will stick in my mind is the eureka machines, they give such a good show and the atmosphere was amazing and best of all there was Fosters there :P
If you cant run then you walk
If you cant walk then you crawl
and if you cant do that no more...
well you find someone to carry you
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

Led Zeppelin - Lights came up & they blasted "Rock&Roll" It's now a Cadillac commercial. :( This was all time. This must have been around 1972-3. (?)
Frank Zappa - bizarre & entertaining
Police - in the Groenord Hall in Leiden, Holland Great show!!
Yes - twice
Pink Floyd in the Astrodome
Recently, Foo Fighters. I believe this was the greatest musical entertainment I have ever witnessed.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""RascalJones""]
5. Motley Crue/Whitesnake, Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland Ohio, 1987 - on of my first REAL concerts, and the first time I had seen so much craziness in one place in my life. Motley Crue is still one of my all time favorites.
[/quote]

Mötley Crüe is great, liked the album Dr. Feelgood.

And of course that they use german letters in their band name in rememberance of their favourite beer to that time: Löwenbräu
ChrisTheMean
Private
Private

Post by ChrisTheMean »

Well, its kind of hard for me to rank them, as I work in the music industry, so sometimes you can get a bit numb if you are working a show, but there are a few that stick out:

Black Crows, Ben Harper, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Son Volt, Avett Brothers- all on the same stage in the same day. Jackson Hole, WY last summer-great show

Keller Williams- I had never heard of him at the time and it was in a bizarre/cool venue near Denali Park, Alaska. That guy is nuts!

The Reverend Horton Heat- Insane high energy psychobilly show. Fun stuff! Jackson Hole, WY

Gov't Mule-These guys just kick a$$! Boise, ID

PS-severebeating, those are some amazing shows you've seen!
[quote=""Soccerman771""]It's obvious. As your name states you were mean to him so he went and cried in the corner. When he got the muster to come back to the game and face you, well you made him cry again.[/quote]
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Best Live Bands I've Seen:

1. Gogol Bordello
2. The Weakerthans
3. The Decemberists
4. CAKE
5. The Apples in Stereo
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey