N3O Officer

Leaving now to heavy metal!!

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Metallica
Slipknot
Machine Head
Lamb of God
Mastodon

great fun, I hope. <3 metal Leaving now, it starts at 16:00 and ends at 03:00 (?) :D
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Leaving now to heavy metal!!

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Have fun! :)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

wow.......Sporting is going 2 hear a lot of noise :)

out
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Have fun, Sporting!

Dana Carvey recently did a funny standup show in which he made fun of some headbanging lyrics, for example: "Have you ever heard some of these bands' lyrics? 'I'm gonna cut off your face and wear it like a hat.' Whatever happened to easy lyrics in rock songs like: 'Take me home tonight?'"
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
St_Brewer
Captain
Captain

Post by St_Brewer »

lmao am into heavy music sometimes but for some reason when i hear it i just think of angry middle aged men with instruments and when i listen to things like MCR and Linkin Park i think of middle aged men complaining about problems when we were 16 lmao its all just a little hard to take seriously
If you cant run then you walk
If you cant walk then you crawl
and if you cant do that no more...
well you find someone to carry you
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Lol. I like lyrics I don't understand, as in Italian songs :P
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

yeah, not too keen on MCR brewer they are a bit too and i hate using the word "Emo-esque" for my liking, but linkin park are awesome ^^,

and sporting, hope you have a good time (y)
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Your gonna have one sore neck tomorrow after all that head banging! Have fun.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

sounds like lots of fun!
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

doesnt sound like my cuppa tea personally but hope u had a great time sporting!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Down your breakfast on a mirror...
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Hahahahahaha!

Well it was like damn awesome! You were right Lazy, I have a lil buzz on my ears to make me company when I'm alone. Thankfully this kind of stuff is only once a year.

And yeah, tons of headbanging! My back hurts a bit, my feet hurts a bit, my leg hurts a bit and my voice is a little damaged.

Wow! I absolutely recommend this kind of stuff to everyone!

When I got tired of getting smashed in my place due to having tons of people (I was rather close to the stage) I thought well, If I'll have to keep pushing people for the rest of the night at least let's do so in proper conditions! So since I wasn't even able to jump on my old place I just went closer to the stage where everyone has a lot more space cause it is where everyone is moshing! Circle pit + Metallica = win! I was like ROFLCOPTER when at some point I noticed I was one of the rare guys wearing a white shirt in the circle pit! The circle pit is a lot of fun, for those who don't know, people form a circle, that can be bigger or smaller depending on the number of people participating, and then people just push each other in a not bad intentioned way (i.e., if someone falls to the floor he's quickly got up so that he doesn't get injured). The only smaller injury I got was a hit on my leg from a flying knee! Bastord! I think I made up for that with my shoulder charges and stuff. It's great fun to pass through the whole circle pit without getting a single touch.

Yeah, I know I'm a crazy bastord too ^^'' I'm on the age for that shiz tho haha

Regarding the bands acts, only Mastodon was a pure disgrace, they can hardly communicate with the people. Everything else was great fun. Even Slipknot was fun, their musics are crap but they manage to pull off a decent show. In the end of their show I was getting a bit bored cause I was getting tired of pushing people out of my way (my first place before going into the jungle was next to those bars that make a path of exit for those that wanna leave the show, so to avoid either having a small space to stand or to avoid getting crushed against the bars I had to send back people away more or less in the way Soccerman expels mexicans from his fence) and Slipknot's music is rather boring after a while.

Lamb of god was their first time in Portugal, and the wacko vocalist did a great job at stimulating the people, pretty good (you're never alone, WALK WITH ME IN HELL!). Machine Head was great as well (LET FREEDOM RING WITH THE SHOTGUN BLAST!). Metallica is hard to describe but with stuff like HOLY SHIZ. Just way too good, James is an awesome singer, dunno how he keeps it up with the age, and there are no words to describe the guitar players.

out!
Last edited by Sporting_Lisbon on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Sounds awesome. Respect! (H)
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
Incognoto
Private
Private

Post by Incognoto »

That sounds like fun all right. I like metal but prefer good rock. Metallica is excellent.
hi
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Sounds fantastic, Sporting! Glad you had a good time... now that is what summer is all about.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)