You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Portuguese guitar player

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Lazy, Sporting,

I'm directing this post to you because you are probably the only ones who can *possibly* help me on this one. Last summer one night I was in a cafe in Funchal, Madeira and the owner showed us a photograph of a famous Portuguese fado/Portuguese guitar player who died young. Do you have any idea who that is? I tried finding him in the Portuguese wikipedia but haven't had any success :(
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Portuguese guitar player

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Fado is my weak spot, I don't know much about it ^^ I'll try to find it tho.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

I make Sportings words mine.

MayB, just mayB ur talking about the great Carlos Paredes u is the ONLY master of the portuguese guitar. This is a guitar that is required 2 play fado, although he never played Fado himself. He died relatively young and quite recently as amatter of fact. You tube him; he truly is/was amazing.

out
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Cool, I'll check him out. I really like the music :)
He's not the man I was looking for, but after having searched uncountable portuguese guitar/fado/portuguese musicians lists, I'm starting to believe maybe he wasn't as famous as I thought :( hehe
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.