You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

GreenDude
Captain
Captain

GreenDude's Life

Post by GreenDude »

To all my fellow N3O clan members:

This is just a check-in. Not me leaving. Don't panic ;)

As some of you might have noticed I have been inactive on both the forums and ESO. I have been super busy. Emphasize super :-P I have usually hold this saying that "I may be busy, but I will never be too busy" :D That phrase has collapsed on me now. For the past months I have had about as much as I can handle. Tennis kept me busy after school till 5:30 PM. After it I would have Troop meetings, piano lessons/practice, cello lessons/practice, and of course homework. My weekends became packed with backpacking and some community service along with chores and making some money. This happened on top of my social life, which is well, very social. I would come home from everything and sit down in front of my computer (which I use for homework) and work hard at my homework to keep my good grades. ( At the same time I have begun a habit of PMing my friends which doesn't help :roll: ). Finally the tennis season is nearing and end with less tennis practices. I got sick last week and still am so I am at low energy. I feel so dead right now I can't sit up straight but I still continue everything except for missing some tennis. Those are my reasons for being absent for so long ;)

Now that said, this is not going to change my habits of overworking myself. I have started playing a new online game called CyberNations and have become very active with my alliance checking in daily to do my work for it (about 30 minutes to a hour, sometimes more). On top of that I am running for SPL of my troop which is a near sure win (the other contender is not as popular). More backpacking is coming up with finals. Also, I am going to be gone from June 9th to June 30th to go to Japan!!!. I will be going with my best bud's family and staying with them. I also will be visiting my cousin who is working in Japan teaching English. When I get back, I have a boy scout camp that my troop is going to and if I am SPL (highest position), I have to go to. That means I will be coming back and joining my troop there on July 1st and staying there till July 5th. So pretty much I am going to be inactive from June 9th all the way to July 6th. I hope to get in a few more games before I leave but that all depends on the time I have. Probably won't really start going on till July when I have some rest time. Hope all of you guys are good and sorry for the long post.

Your friendly clan mate,
Ryan (aka GreenDude) :D
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: GreenDude's Life

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

GL Ryan, looks like ur a busy dude ;)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

And I thought I was busy :roll:

No worries at all, Ryan. As we always say: RL comes first, and it sound like your life is an exciting one. It's better to be busy than bored, but it's better to be bored than stressed. Best of luck with all your endeavors.

We will be here after July 6, I can assure you !
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

This is all good practice for when you graduate, get a job, wife, and kids. Nothing will change, it will be just as crazy. I call it...living the dream baby, living the dream.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Shizle""]This is all good practice for when you graduate, get a job, wife, and kids. Nothing will change, it will be just as crazy. I call it...living the dream baby, living the dream.[/quote]

there are other ways, things can change if you want em to change. Nobody is forced to get this 'job-wife-kids' - life
I also call it living the dream :D
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""GreenDude""]

Also, I am going to be gone from June 9th to June 30th to go to Japan!!!. I will be going with my best bud's family and staying with them. I also will be visitinng my cousin who is working in Japan teaching English. [/quote]

You can not even begin to imagine how jealous i am of you getting to go to Japan. Also you are lucky that you know someone to teach you Japanese. I want to learn it, but I don't know anybody who knows it, and I can't find any classes. So my only option is with a book. Which then I won't know if i'm even pronoucing the words right. So I would have to get one of those casset like ones, which would not help me in learning to read japanese. So I would have to do both book and casset, which sounds like it might be a lot of work, compared to if I could find a teacher. So alas I must continue to search for a teacher

Shizle

Post by Shizle »

I lived in Japan for about 4 years and worked for a Japanese company for about 2 years while going to college at night. I love Japan and would go back in a heartbeat. The japanese people were an absolute delight to be around and loved to help you when you were lost (like I was from time to time). Gave them a chance to practice their english. I remember walking around the Roppongi district of Tokyo once and it started to rain. A japanese guy walked up to me, handed me his umbrella, bowed, and walked away. I couldn't believe it. Love that place. I had a girlfriend that modeled for Japanese magazines, so that was a kick in the pants. I'd accompany her to remote Japanese beaches for the picture shoots and then walk around trying to find her pictures in the magazine racks. Ahhh, the good 'ol days.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

@Shizle: how could you ever leave such a place?
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]@Shizle: how could you ever leave such a place?[/quote]

I ask myself the same question about Berlin... ;)

Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Hmmm...Dad moved back to the States and I wanted to get into a better college. I've often thought about going back and teaching english, a few of my friends did that. But...life and work tend to get in the way, kids and wife don't help.

Kaiser, my brother worked in Berlin for many years. I visited once and found Berlin to be a little "harder" than say, southern Germany. I visited "the wall" when it was coming down and still have pieces of it somewhere. Me and my brother climbed over the wall at the Brandenburg Gate and ventured into East Germany (everyone was doing it at the time). I tried to get back into West Germany via the checkpoint there, but the guy with the machine gun said I had to hoof it over to Checkpoint Charlie. He was no fun. I just went over the wall again, back into the West.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

^That's amazing. I spend all my time in the East now; it's the hip and trendy place to be. Crazy that just 20 years ago it was a wasteland. You could get shot just for trying to jump the wall.