You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Arrg Virus assault

Post by GeneralMichael »

Well it looks like my new labtop is infected with a nasty little virus that now will let me log on but then brings up the security center with the rest of the screen black and says that every website that I have visited including facebook has infected my computer with viruses and that I need to update my security system. So I'll try to get it fixed tommorow after school, though until it is all fixed I will have to go to my old family computer, so I will have a bit more limited access to playing on aoe, and I will be forced to go to minimum graphics so I won't cause lagg, and no more watching water battles or 10 cannons without lagg :cry:

cheesehat

Re: Arrg Virus assault

Post by cheesehat »

If you upgraded your security centre BEFORE the virus struck...
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Be careful. If it offers a new security update, don't buy it. There is a virus out there that says "Purchase Upgrade to Cure Infection," then it infects you even more after you pay the money. Kinda like adding insult to injury.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
amigrunt

Post by amigrunt »

Yeah, a study was conducted and they found most of these viruses to be put out by the anti virus software companies in an attempt to get you to buy their software.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

If only u hadnt downloaded that file entitled " free lifetime password for over 50 XXX websites"

Good luck fixing it bro.

out
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

Ha ha I believe i have manage to outsmart the virus. :D Apperently it was only affecting my admin account, so I went onto my regular account changed it to and admin delted my old admin and made another account incase one of my admin accounts gets screwed up again. So I didn't have to pay $200 for my Best Buy to repair my labtop, and I didn't have to redo my harddrive like the guy at best buy said I could instead of paying them $200. So all I lost was some game data, like screen shots, and some of Lazy's photos that I saved, though all of that can easiy be redone, only important thing I lost was a little summary of the Friar's Tale from the Canterbery Tale's for my English class, though I already redid it in class

GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

I had this song by Wierd Al going through my head all day Click me :twisted:

cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

Then it probably wasn't a virus...Well, it is by definition, but it does not act as a regular virus. It probably injected a file into the STARTUP folder on your ADMIN account, so when you log on stuff happens and then cmd launches to freeze your computer, which can be coded quite easily using C++ and google.com :P

At least it wasn't conficker :P