You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I don't really see the need to have such tiny avatars. The currently large ones are capable of showing far more detail and you can actually tell what it is. It also isn't too big when it's 128x128 pixels, only when you get like 200x200 or more it becomes a problem.

Case in point - I think we should make all the avatars 128x128. We don't lose anything.
Groovy.
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Re: Avatar Sizes.

Post by MNBob »

I added more avatar choices in addtional galleries (TAD and TWC).
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I don't have a problem with that, as long as nav changes his avatar. That "thing" is too "dog ugly" to be so large! (get it?).
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Thanks Bob.

Strokey, that joke was terrible. :D
Groovy.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I think around 100 x 100 px and 50 kb size limit would be ideal.

There's no reason to have anywhere near a 6 kb limit because I don't think anybody here still uses dial-up.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]
There's no reason to have anywhere near a 6 kb limit because I don't think anybody here still uses dial-up.[/quote]

Ask Craz3n!! Or did he get already his DSL-Connection the past few days?
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I believe he did. Plus, nobody these days should complain if they do have dial-up. What, do you live in the middle of nowhere? :p
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

No, center of town, which is the captital of one of Germany's states. I have a 16 Mbit Down and 1 Mbit Upload connection. ;) Next year October i can change my provider and get 10 Mbit Upload/50 Mbit Download :twisted: , though i have to monitor the prices because now u get it only with IPTV which i don't need (75 euros for phone, this big connection, IPTV and unlimited calls to Germany landline). But next year there should be offerings without IPTV.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

That was my point. If you live anywhere somewhat civilized, you won't need a dial-up connection.

"What, do you live in the middle of nowhere?" was meant as rhetorical / joking question.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]
"What, do you live in the middle of nowhere?" was meant as rhetorical / joking question.[/quote]

I know
Just had the feeling to spam a little bit ;)
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

random urge to spam?
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Please refrain from spamming the forums, makes us look tacky, its annoying as hell and is of no use to anyone lol.

I believe any spam posts should be deleted!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Agreed!