Swing for the Fences?

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Wetmelon
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Swing for the Fences?

Post by Wetmelon »

Is there truth to this? How do the "older" members feel? Should we not care about peer pressure/social appearance in high school - example: asking X person out?

Discuss.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Swing for the Fences?

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

10k search results on google is neglectable ;)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

in the words of the magnanimous robin williams, "carpe dentum"
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""rufio_eht""]in the words of the magnanimous robin williams, "carpe diem"[/quote]
Ahh if only I could, but alas when it comes to girls I am a coward. I enjoy playing goalie where guys are throwing water polo balls at me at 35-45mph, but when I like a girl and want to talk to her my brain goes into an ice age.
Anyway even though I am not an older member to answer the original question, In my view from my school, there is little pressure to ask someone out. Then again I am in a strange state at my school, to put it simply I can roll with almost any group, since there are few people who do not like me, even though there is a nice little group of kids that I do not like.

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

As long as you do nothing to permanently screw up your future, high school matters not one iota. You will not care 10 years out whatever happened there, and you will probably know only a couple of those people by then.

So - as long as it won't permanently screw up your future (I'll leave the scenarios you your imagination unless you want more specifics), I say ask her out. If you are only worried about the opinions of others, remember that as soon as you walk out that door after graduation you'll probably never see them again anyway, so who cares.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

If you don't ask - she can't say no. I say at least give her the opportunity.

@ Indy - I wouldn't say it doesn't matter 1 iota. I married my HS sweetheart.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

when casanova was asked how he had so many girls he replied i asked so isay just ask the worst that can happen is she says no and as indy say you wont know 99% of these ppl in 10 years so enjoy your youth. i never asked agirl out i liked at school we bumped into each other about 7 yrs after we left school and she said she used t fancy me at school as well but she had got married so id def ask her out
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

Like indy and scoop pointed out, if you dont ask you never know. Maybe she likes you? Even tho I aint a senior members, but I am at my last year of high school... thank god....
the graph reprents the current situation. At first I was very nervous and stressed to ask a girl out. But once you get older and you have done it twice or more, it just becomes natural. Whats the worst that can happen? She says no? There is like 3 000 0000 0000 girls out there. Find another one. If you guys are really meant to go out togther, it will fall into place by itself. Once I really liked this girl. I asked her out, she said no. I took it cool and we still talked with each other and all. About 1-2 months later, she is one who asked if I wanted to go out with her.

@soccerman:
I really like that kind of real life stories. My Gf and I are dating for about 1 year and 6 months. And I hope that we will get married later on also.
But I think what indy meant is that, if you got dumped or you got the answer no, it's no beggy. In 2 years or so you wont even remember. I dont even remember the girl I dated 2-3 years ago xD
Mostly cuz I was the one breaking up... I used to be a player when I was young.... ahhhhhhh... that was some fun xD
A master Piece done by cleeduz
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

plus making a complete fool of yourself is probably one of the best things you can do
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Why ask ´em out when u can always take the more subtle aproach. Stalk her and then kidnapp her. Im sure thats something ull both rememeber for a while :O

out
dragonshinobi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dragonshinobi »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]If you don't ask - she can't say no. I say at least give her the opportunity.

@ Indy - I wouldn't say it doesn't matter 1 iota. I married my HS sweetheart.[/quote]

u lucky dog ;)

it seems at my HS that all the good ones are taken already :(

oh well, i still have uni ahead of me :D
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

who cares what you should/shouldnt of done, you cant redo or undo it so dont dwell on it, and if you want to do something dont listen to other people, just do it. (i am in no way affiliated with nike) :P
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Yeah uni is the way to go imo. €€€
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

[quote=""Aravinthan""] In 2 years or so you wont even remember. I dont even remember the girl I dated 2-3 years ago xD
[/quote] That more easy for some.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""joe4holly""][quote=""Aravinthan""] In 2 years or so you wont even remember. I dont even remember the girl I dated 2-3 years ago xD
[/quote] That more easy for some.[/quote]
That was frickin' awesome.
Joe, you cow ::/