Thoughts and agnostic prayers...

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Thoughts and agnostic prayers...

Post by IndyBrit »

to Germany right now. Hope everyone present, and friends and families thereof, are OK...

:(
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Thoughts and agnostic prayers...

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

more and moe people are turning into lunatic killers... just a month ago in Belgium, some 20 yr old entered a kindergarten/daycare with knives and axes and killed and maimed several little kids.... :(
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Yeah I watched the news and was like wth. Simply terrible. It seems 2 b more and more freaquent.

The kid and his father (which owned over 20 guns) would go target shooting daily. Is that a problem??? The fact that he played "the" video games daily is also being blamed. I play those games also. Heck I enjoy making horses kill innocent wood chopping folk. Does that mean Im gonna run to work and shoot people? Its clearly no longer an American thing, as Mr Michael Moore wanted 2 portray in Bowling 4 Columbine. Europe has been hard hit by this sort of behaviour. Finland has had several very recent incidents and is still recovering phsycologically from them.

What is going on with our society???? If we cant make a correct diagnostic than we remain far from "curing" the problem. So we just sit on our sofas and address the problem due to its Nº of casualties??? Like wth!

I agree with u Indy bro. My heart goes out 2 all those traumatised 4 life.

out
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

messed up times for sure , America-Mexico-Europe-Africa-all over this world-every time i turn onto the news stations i just want to throw the remote at my t.v. , the more society develops the more it spirals out of control - hard to place a blame on the one certain factor which leads people to atrocious & depraved acts when it is a culmination of many things from multiple origins , i feel for those who have experienced these tragedies and hope they never have to go thru anything even close to resembling it again
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

@ Lazy: No, it's definitely not "just an American thing" anymore. But it happens in America a lot more than it does it Europe. After all, while a determined European can score a gun, it is much easier for an American to locate a pistol, rifle, shotgun or assault rifle (after all, we have a Second Amendment and a frontier to defend from Iroquois, Sioux, Apache and Crow ::/ ). People are going to kill each other no matter what country they live in. They kill each other for the most bizarre reasons, some of which are very subtle. They even seem nonsensical to us, but they are very real to those who have them. Teenagers especially face all kinds of emotional difficulties that can explode violently, and they feel that no one really "understands" them. When you combine those bad emotions with weak, impressionable minds, all it takes is one final insult to send them over the edge. That was the setup at Columbine and Virginia Tech, and I assume that was the case in Germany, too.

I know several people who have suffered from mental illness. It is very real, and they get very frustrated because they feel no one really cares about their problems. That leads to isolation, despondence, bitterness, anger, resentment and sometimes dangerous rage. I am certainly not trying to excuse high school shooters. I am simply trying to demonstrate that there are underlying emotional and medical causes for these things. We can't just say: "He was a nut" and write it off. We need to actually care about what our kids say, think and feel about their world. The fact is that we place kids under great social pressure from all sides (parental demands, social pressures (cliques), academic expectations... the list goes on). And a lot of them can't take it. When I see these school shootings, I can only imagine how misunderstood--and truly wrathful--these kids have felt with their world. Don't forget, ultimately all these shootings culminate in a suicide; these kids didn't want to live anymore because they hated their circumstances and felt they had no chance to adapt to them. They just take out their anger on others before ending their own lives. It is a final, defiant act against a world they hate.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

My best wishes go out to those involved...

Yeah, if you check Wikipedia these things have been going on for over a century. It's just sick to be honest.

But, as Kaiser said, there is most probably an underlying psychological issue regarding these tragic events.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

The part we should try to understand is why this is happening against an overall backdrop of a reduction in violent crime. In America, violent crime peaked in the early 90s and is largely down since. In most other places, while violent crime is up (e.g. England), it is at a very low level compared to America and (other? :P ) third world countries. I think Kaiser is right about the need to understand the psychology of this.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

mexico has it the worst atm
- Dan
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

this is really sad..went online to read more about it and saw another article for a killing rampage that down in Alabama also..killed 10 people there. Hard to understand why this stuff happens..
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]The part we should try to understand is why this is happening against an overall backdrop of a reduction in violent crime. In America, violent crime peaked in the early 90s and is largely down since. In most other places, while violent crime is up (e.g. England), it is at a very low level compared to America and (other? :P ) third world countries. I think Kaiser is right about the need to understand the psychology of this.[/quote]

I don't think it has anything to do with those statistics. One person totally freaked out and did what he did. Just heard today that he had psychological therapy going on but broke it up. Must have been some kind of Depression. I think you just can't give reliable reasons or facts why things like that happen. It's a shame they do happen...
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

I agree with yall. If u look at the asian american that tore up the last school, u can clearly c in his school work that killing and death was a serious issue 4 him. You tube was a witness 2 what we all know became later on. Yet "listening" to our youth is and can b hard. Its a question of what do we take seriously and what 2 we simply ignore. What actions 2 we deem as problematic and what are harmless?

Yes phsycology is a huge aspect here, so would a mandatory physcoloigcal evaluation for ALL our kids be an idea? Or only those that dress black clothes and listen to death metal. Would more than 3 body piercings be a "red flag"? Spending more than 2 hours a day behind ur GTAIV game has got 2 be suficient 2 get those meds from da "shrink". Where do we draw the line? There sure are enough "shrinks" out there 2 get every single teenager evaluated. Or would that be an attack on our privacy and civil rights? MayB, just mayB we need do dose our kids up with "equilibrium - Prozium" (just like in the movie) so that we can simply remove this horrible thing that makes us so unique...... feelings!

out

PS as most of u know, and keeping the above stated movie vivid, Id much rather live in the "Nethers" than in "Libria". I am what I am.