Order in Chaos

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Order in Chaos

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

@Kaiser: spoken Mandarin is not so difficult if you can deal with the tones. They use 4 different tones + a neutral one, which is really hard for the untrained ear. The written language is another story ...

@Yeedman: A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to travel to, enter, transit or remain in a particular country. Visum is actually the dutch word (and visa is plural), I didnt realise it wasnt used in english.

@Drew: Not at all, they even prefer when you don't speak chinese.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
JKL4LiF3
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JKL4LiF3 »

how r the commies in china?
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

[quote=""JKL4LiF3""]how r the commies in china?[/quote]

Completely irrelevant and unnecessary.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""JKL4LiF3""]how r the commies in china?[/quote]

ur not exactly doing ur self any favours with this attitude

out
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

It's really great that you can live your dream there. Maybe some day i'll be in Brasil for some years and can say the same thing. Not sure tho :P. I'm glad all went fine and i hope you get your Visum there. Everything else have been said already.

Hope to get in some more games with you soon. Somehow i am on early enough to see you around :]
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""][quote=""JKL4LiF3""]how r the commies in china?[/quote]

Completely irrelevant and unnecessary.[/quote]
[quote=""LaZy""][quote=""JKL4LiF3""]how r the commies in china?[/quote]

ur not exactly doing ur self any favours with this attitude

out[/quote]

Come on guys, he was just curious, I was very curious too when I visited china. As a tourist you don't see a lot of it, only you need to have a state guide all the time
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

china is def the most free & liberal country I've been to
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]china is def the most free & liberal country I've been to[/quote]

Yes, and they have that "All Men Are Equal" stuff that scares the hell out of the United States.

Lies! I tell you, all lies!

Americans are the only people who are all equal to one another (Exhibit A : Donald Trump vs. the one-toothed beggar who sits in a puddle outside Donald Trump's office building with a cardboard sign that reads: "Will Work for Beer").

:twisted:
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]china is def the most free & liberal country I've been to[/quote]

Only problem is that their history is different told than in most other country's, for instance you never read about all the students that were killed when they revolted in peking (at least the guides knew nothing, only one did and he knew it from other tourists). But I were suprised how free how few cops there were in China, only place where I saw many cops was in tibet
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""lordandcount""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]china is def the most free & liberal country I've been to[/quote]

Only problem is that their history is different told than in most other country's, for instance you never read about all the students that were killed when they revolted in peking (at least the guides knew nothing, only one did and he knew it from other tourists). But I were suprised how free how few cops there were in China, only place where I saw many cops was in tibet[/quote]

Your example is correct, although now, most people know about it, and each year, students and teachers will protest on the streets to remember that bloody day. This year it will be 20 years ago. There might be some big demonstrations...

But I'm also convinced that this is happening in most other countries, don't tell me that in Russia, USA or elsewhere, we know the truth about all historical facts. Shameful things happened everywhere, and governments try to hide it as long as possible.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

All people are equal. But some are more equal than others ^^
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Haha, so true. In Portugal they even made a regicide look good for the country.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""lordandcount""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]china is def the most free & liberal country I've been to[/quote]

Only problem is that their history is different told than in most other country's, for instance you never read about all the students that were killed when they revolted in peking (at least the guides knew nothing, only one did and he knew it from other tourists). But I were suprised how free how few cops there were in China, only place where I saw many cops was in tibet[/quote][/quote]

Your example is correct, although now, most people know about it, and each year, students and teachers will protest on the streets to remember that bloody day. This year it will be 20 years ago. There might be some big demonstrations...

But I'm also convinced that this is happening in most other countries, don't tell me that in Russia, USA or elsewhere, we know the truth about all historical facts. Shameful things happened everywhere, and governments try to hide it as long as possible.[/quote]

Don't get me started on the Native American issue. If some filmmaker really wants to shake things up, he would do a comprehensive documentary on just how badly the natives got shafted by the Americans (and the European settlers before them). Now we live in places named Massachusetts, Connecticut, Passaic, Niantic, Massapequa and Sioux City without really understanding that we killed and/or "relocated" people with these names to get there. When you live in the USA (especially the East, South and Midwest), you can sense this residue of forgotten peoples. Just look at the place names. Yet it is very easy to go through life never understanding what happened here.

I am facing another issue. I don't even really know who's an American anymore. There doesn't seem to be a consistent identity. If you're white, you are European. If you're black, you have at least some African ancestry (many African-Americans actually have Native American ancestry, also). But then you have dozens of other immigrant groups from Latin America and Asia. Over the generations, interplay between all these groups has created a singularly "hybrid" civilization. Interestingly enough, I actually look out of place in New York. I do not look like the vast majority of people who live here. Proof in point: I was in a restaurant yesterday and two German tourists asked me directions in German! 8O

Then I thought: "I blend in better in Berlin than I do here!" No one has ever mistaken me for an American in Germany. At worst, they say: "Where are you from? Hamburg?"
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Chaos, since u spent most of ur life so very near 2 Holland could u pls expand on ur statement pls.

out
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""] At worst, they say: "Where are you from? Hamburg?"[/quote]

Hamburg > Berlin :P ::/