Sven-Goran Eriksson

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Sven-Goran Eriksson

Post by Soccerman771 »

The Mexico National team coach is 1-7 in the past 8 games and just lost last night 2-0 to the U.S. in World Cup Qualifying..... :)

And we haven't lost to them at home since before 2000.

The United States has not lost a home match to a continental rival since 2001, going 37-0 with 10 draws. Included in that domination is a sterling record at Crew Stadium, home of the 2008 Major League Soccer champions. The Americans are unbeaten in eight international games (5-0-3) in Crew Stadium and are 4-0-2 in World Cup qualifiers. ... On Feb. 28, 2001, the Americans won 2-0 in 28-degree weather, with ice fringing the field -- a match now called Guerra Fria, or the Cold War. They won by the same score in much warmer weather in September 2005 to help secure a spot in the 2006 World Cup in Germany.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Sven-Goran Eriksson

Post by ruminator »

There's a rumour he's in the running for the now vacant Portsmouth job.

I think Mexico made a bad mistake, almost anyone can pick a Mexican team that will qualify for the World Cup due to the poor opposition. Sven might be an average Club Manager but he's bloody useless at international level.

There is no Plan B with him I'm afraid ...
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

Yeah, I heard he is going to Pompey. I loved that song about him.

"Sven, Sven Sven-Goran Eriksson........"

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

WOO!!! LET'S GO CREW!!! Hometown FTW!!!!

I was not jealous of the folks at that game last night. Between 5-6 PM, it was raining and the wind was blowing so hard it wasn't funny. I could not see the houses across the street from me, it was so bad. It cleared off quickly, and gametime was at 7 PM. I think the WIND started up sometime between 7:30-8:00, and it was gusting up to 60 MPH, not ideal soccer conditions, I'm sure.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I loved it when he was coaching England <3