Question for our British contingent

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Question for our British contingent

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

Plain pure rooibos tea for me. Black and unsweetened. That is what I drink when not drinking alcohol. Lol.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

If you drink your tea black, then Earl Grey is the leaf of choice.

Iced tea is an abomination. Even in hot climates there is no substitute for a hot cup of tea - apart from beer!

Lapsang Souchong is also worthy of a try if you like it without milk.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""IndyBrit""][quote=""adeadmanrunning""]depends soccer do u mean sweetened or unsweetened? me i like unsweetened. but i love ice tea or root bear, since i cant drink alcohol yet.[/quote]

South of the Mason-Dixon line, there is no "unsweetened." There is only tea. Iced, and about 50% sugar. Unless Soccer wants to argue that. :D[/quote]

Yeah, I was gonna ask, what is this "unsweetened tea" you speak of? My wife orders it, but I'm still not convinced it exists..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

if im forced to drink tea its always green with a lil milk in it...but chai tea is great its my new hot chocolate(i live in vermont its cold hot chocolate is great)
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Interesting that you bring up tea, since I've started drinking tons of it over the past month. I hammer a 30 oz black coffee in the morning to propel me through reading, writing and research, then in the afternoon I fire up a pot of Bigelow's or Twining's Earl Grey or "English Tea Time" blends. There is also a company called "Celestial Seasonings" that makes some nice, noncaffeinated herbal teas. They do make a hearty, caffeinated black tea called "Morning Thunder" that I drink everyday around 2 PM (not the morning... but still thunderous :-P ). After dinner, I drink a noncaffeinated cup or two ("Sleepytime" or "Lemon Zinger" herb blends).

I am basically a caffeine nut. I need maximum nerve stimulation to plow through all the boring papers and cases that cross my desk, not to mention keep my blog productivity at suitably copious levels :D Problem is, sometimes I get so caffeinated I can't go anywhere near AOE 3... I would shake out of my skin if I did!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Interesting that you bring up tea, since I've started drinking tons of it over the past month. I hammer a 30 oz black coffee in the morning to propel me through reading, writing and research, then in the afternoon I fire up a pot of Bigelow's or Twining's Earl Grey or "English Tea Time" blends. There is also a company called "Celestial Seasonings" that makes some nice, noncaffeinated herbal teas. They do make a hearty, caffeinated black tea called "Morning Thunder" that I drink everyday around 2 PM (not the morning... but still thunderous :-P ). After dinner, I drink a noncaffeinated cup or two ("Sleepytime" or "Lemon Zinger" herb blends).

I am basically a caffeine nut. I need maximum nerve stimulation to plow through all the boring papers and cases that cross my desk, not to mention keep my blog productivity at suitably copious levels :D Problem is, sometimes I get so caffeinated I can't go anywhere near AOE 3... I would shake out of my skin if I did![/quote]

Nothing like a pot of coffee and then a rated 1v1 QS. For some reason, those just get me charged. Especially when I seem to always draw an Aztec Captain. :(
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Well apart from the rumours of drinking a certain brand of ale Badger, one does like a tipple of tea. First of all is it going to be tea bags or tea leaves that is the question one has to ask. Putting milk in some is bloody awful if your going down the Twinning route I would say keep it black. If going for the more normal route ie PG tips, Yorkshire & Tetley use milk.

I even have my own infuser tea mug which is fantastic!

Last thing here is the website of my local Tea shop in Lincoln this tells you a great deal about tea believe me!

http://www.imperialteas.co.uk/index.php ... ex&cPath=2

Hope this helps and after all this I think its time for a cuppa :)
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

well ill stick to a big fat joint

of beef with my cuppa.... what its now class B..... ;)