Football (American) vs Soccer

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Football (American) vs Soccer

Post by Tubruk »

Bill Cavubati 165 Kg / 363 Lbs, plays for fiji.

any bigger than that would be a waste as they dont get a "Break" every 5 mins. and wouldnt be able to do the full 80 mins.
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

[quote=""Tubruk""]indy, no comparison in tackles between american football and rugby?

Meet Brian Lima[/quote]

pff.. thats nothing

cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""Nighthawk22""][quote=""Tubruk""]indy, no comparison in tackles between american football and rugby?

Meet Brian Lima[/quote]

pff.. thats nothing

[/quote]

I don't care how thick your "armor" :roll: is, that's going to leave a mark! ::/
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

You can't compare the hits, they use the armor as a weapon! In rugby they only charge with their body.
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

[quote=""cleeduz""][quote=""Nighthawk22""][quote=""Tubruk""]indy, no comparison in tackles between american football and rugby?

Meet Brian Lima[/quote]

pff.. thats nothing

[/quote]

I don't care how thick your "armor" :roll: is, that's going to leave a mark! ::/[/quote]
thats right. ;)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]You can't compare the hits, they use the armor as a weapon! In rugby they only charge with their body.[/quote]

I'm going to guess that Rugby players would get hurt in football, and football players would get hurt in Rugby. You get used to what you work with, and they are all rough sports so if you don't know how to hit or get hit you will get hurt.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Football (American) is much more entertaining to watch, in my opinion.

However, in general soccer requires more athletic ability and fitness for the entire team (which isn't to say that most football players aren't athletic / physically fit). Also, I much prefer playing soccer to football.

I just think football (american) is better to watch, at least on television. It's more methodic and plodding, so it more easily sets up "big plays." Also, teams tend to score more often even in a close match, yet each score is still vitally important. In soccer, scores are more rare and are often game deciding on their own. Football also more visibly highlights "star" players, like quarterbacks who make an amazing pass or backs that make ridiculous runs / kick returns.

All this is simply a matter of preference, though.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey