N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: why pc gaming SHOULD die

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

o_O
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

Lol are you kidding me??? People still play stuff like that?
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

That better :)
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

[quote=""hallchr""]Lol are you kidding me??? People still play stuff like that?[/quote]

The graphics may not have been much, but the gameplay was what kept you coming back. Seems like the better the graphics in a game, the worse the gameplay. The #1 example of this is Madden football.
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

It looks like something used in World War II :p You sure it is not the Enigma Machine, or something like that
Saint
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Saint »

I had one of those
aka~Rubber_Chuck
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

:S personally i prefer new + shiny lol

my 1st console = supernintendo ;P, best and always will be. gaming isnt what it was back in the day. mario's outdated, zelda's turned asian. and the only console games that sell involve guns, and headshots. its a sad world :(
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

My first console was an Atari 2600....no, wait, the Sears-branded "Pong" was the real first console. But, I don't think I really enjoyed any system like I enjoyed the Sega Genesis.....well, maybe my original Playstation. (Which I sitll have, and it truly is one of the "original" ones, I bought it within the first 6 months of release, paid $300 for it. Still runs like it did day one.).
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

My first console was... wait... I think it was called the Atari 800XL. This thing was so primitive you had to play games on it from reel-to-reel cassettes! One of the best games on it was "Escape from Castle Wolfenstein," where you ran around a bad-graphics, 2-d maze shooting Nazis with a pistol. You could also point the pistol at them and they would put their hands up, then you could steal their uniform and make your way through the maze without attracting attention. That game later spawned the first-ever REAL FPS... Wolfenstein 3d, which in turn spawned DOOM the following year, and you know the rest :-P

My favorite console was definitely the original NES. Those games were so simple, so fun and so addictive. Plus the 8-bit music pwned. I still listen to some game tunes on my iPod!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

How can people 4get the amazing Spectrum 48K and its Nº1 hit Chucky Egg?!?!?!?

out
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

i still remember the day i got my first 'color' monitor: white, black and orange !!! whoo hoo :D
some of the great games back then were quests, like: police quest, kings quest, space quest etc... and fighting games like budokan. good ol days
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

LOL, it's like you are all speaking a foreign language :p
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

How can people 4get the amazing Spectrum 48K and its Nº1 hit Chucky Egg?!?!?!?

and its amazing rubber keyboard :)

mine first was a comadore 64 a hand me down from my mums freind me and my bro broke it after a cople of months 3 hours to load a game bound to get broke or was it smashed hmm
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

My first comp was an IBM XT with a total hard drive capacity of 10 MB. It had a two-color monitor. Believe it or not, I used to play a game on it that was designed by Bruce Shelley. It was called Pirates! You used to cruise around the Caribbean plundering ships and towns. You could be British, French, Spanish or Dutch. I am convinced that some of the details from this old-time game made it into AOE3, with galleons, fluyts, frigates and the like.

Later on (I'm talking 1989-1990), I started to play a lot of flight simulators. Can you guess whose air force I liked the best?? You see, my German obsession has deep roots ::/ Then came the original Civilization game in 1991. That was the ancestor of RTS games, I think. Back then, you couldn't have "real time." It was turn based.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Saint
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Saint »

Finally i got a reply from one of the company's making these games. CODw@w...Here it is.

--Response (Nick Bee) - 01/04/2009 07:09 PM Hi, Thank you for contacting Activision’s Technical Support. I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately we do not test our games on the Windows Vista 64 bit operating system. Our games are 32 bit games that are designed to run on Microsoft's 32 bit operating systems. Running the games on Windows Vista 64 bit is unsupported by Activision. --

No where on any box or web site does it state that 32bit is a requirement for game play!!!

at least they tell you to piss off in a nice neat email :)
aka~Rubber_Chuck