why pc gaming SHOULD die

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: why pc gaming SHOULD die

Post by IndyBrit »

PC gaming is the worst form of computer gaming out there - except for all other forms of computer gaming.

Yes, that's blatantly stolen. :D
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

I have cod5 on PS3 and I will get 30 kills and 3 deaths in a game, and then when I go around to a friends house and play it on comp, I find taht I am dieing 30 times and getting 3 kills. I think it is down to preference and which one you are used to.
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

The last consol system that I had was an xbox, not the 360 the older one and I only really enjoyed one game on that and that's the splinter cell games. Everything else I play on the PC because I just find it a lot more convienent and plus you can't play aoe on a consol. When your in class and very bored what are you going to do? Bring your xbox 360 in with a tv and play cod5??? I just play it on my macbook pro.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""BenS64""]I have cod5 on PS3 and I will get 30 kills and 3 deaths in a game, and then when I go around to a friends house and play it on comp, I find taht I am dieing 30 times and getting 3 kills. I think it is down to preference and which one you are used to.[/quote]

Graphics settings and ping have a lot to do with it. In PC COD 5, there are the quick (those with good ping and low graphics) and the dead (everyone else).

But if you really want a challenge, fight without automatic weapons... that's what I do. In that case, I feel like I actually have accoplished something.

Well, sometimes I break down and set up an MG 42, but that's off the record :D
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

Kaiser_von_Nuben wrote: yeah. This lazy lawyer won't ever stop PC gaming, either; but that's mainly because I am a creature of habit, and PC gaming has been a habit of mine since, oh, about 1988 :roll: The last console I played was the SNES... we're talking 1993 here, people ;) I liked it, but then I just totally got wrapped up in PC games and never looked back.
Wow, I wasn't even alive then :-P Were PC's steam powered? ;)
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

They actually were. It was tough having to put coal and wood into the burner back then. Sometimes your in a game of pong online and the damn thing would quit and your rating would fall. My pong cuetech went from 2540 to 1320. It really sucked.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Highlander999""]
Kaiser_von_Nuben wrote: yeah. This lazy lawyer won't ever stop PC gaming, either; but that's mainly because I am a creature of habit, and PC gaming has been a habit of mine since, oh, about 1988 :roll: The last console I played was the SNES... we're talking 1993 here, people ;) I liked it, but then I just totally got wrapped up in PC games and never looked back.
Wow, I wasn't even alive then :-P Were PC's steam powered? ;)[/quote]

Haha, not quite, but everything ran from a 5 1/4" floppy disc and you had to type stuff into a DOS prompt to run the game. Also, mouses were "new technology" in those days... so were monitors with more the 3 colors.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Good golly, the concept of the Commodore 64 would totally blow the kid's mind.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

BRRRAAPPP. click click click click

(Anyone who never stared at a C64 disk drive waiting for Bard's Tale to load just won't understand the above)
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

lol, Indy I remember that!

Anyone remember the modem that you actually had a phone handset you had to "plug-in"? :-P

Or how about Prodigy?

Those were the days.... I miss my AppleIIc :(
Last edited by cleeduz on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

Omg so nostalgic. I loved the days when you sat there like...**** dialup thinking to yourself how much you want to play but how much this **** THING WONT LET YOU!!! DAMN THIS COMPUTER THING ITS AN INVENTION OF THE DEVIL MEANT TO MAKE YOUR CRY AND GET ANGRY!!!! I HATE THIS I HATE lol that got me mad.
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Haha, not quite, but everything ran from a 5 1/4" floppy disc and you had to type stuff into a DOS prompt to run the game. Also, mouses were "new technology" in those days... so were monitors with more the 3 colors.[/quote]

MS Dos, by any chance??? I remember that from Windows 95. I had to type it in to play Grand Prix 94 :-P

[quote=""RascalJones""]Good golly, the concept of the Commodore 64 would totally blow the kid's mind.[/quote]

Sounds like a type of game, never heard of it.

Also I'm nearly 19, Granddad ;)
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""hallchr""]Omg so nostalgic. I loved the days when you sat there like...**** dialup thinking to yourself how much you want to play but how much this **** THING WONT LET YOU!!! DAMN THIS COMPUTER THING ITS AN INVENTION OF THE DEVIL MEANT TO MAKE YOUR CRY AND GET ANGRY!!!! I HATE THIS I HATE lol that got me mad.[/quote]

No worries, these computers and this interweb thing is just a fad, it will never catch on.
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]BRRRAAPPP. click click click click

(Anyone who never stared at a C64 disk drive waiting for Bard's Tale to load just won't understand the above)[/quote]

I thought it was pacman =(
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Who didn't love Summer Games on the C64? Many a joystick were broken trying to set the record on the 100M dash.

How about Raid Over Bungeling Bay?

And, I do believe the C64 might have the largest library of pirated games ever!

Here, for Highlander and the rest of the kids....

Games mentioned so far:

And, who says the C64 is dead?

http://www.toniwestbrook.com/shredz64