Happy Thanksgiving

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by deadhanddan »

sad thing is most of the info regarding ''colonial america'' is withheld from classroom textbooks, reason is they deem this info ''inappropriate'' but in actuallity is a slow way to try to erase the past and reword it to a shape a more ''appropriate'' and friendly early-america
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Happy Thanksgiving for whoever celebrates it.

It is natural that the Americans have a tendency to not give much importance to native exterminations, who wouldn't.
Saint
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Saint »

I ate a lotta Turkey!

Disclaimer:
No Native Americans were harmed during the production or consumption of this meal!

mmmmmmmmm Cheeesey Potatos FTW!
aka~Rubber_Chuck
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

That is an interesting question too. Isn't chicken better than turkey? I find turkey less tasty :S Now that's a good topic :D
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

No, turkey is much better. I have a pet parrot and I call him Chicken for his nick name. I find it mildly amusing but no, turkey is much better.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Don't you have to get some kind of sauce to eat the turkey?
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Turkey itself tends to bevery dry and has to be mixed with some kind of sauce, but chicken itself can be quite dry depending on the quality of the chicken and the part of the chicken you eat, light meat ie the breast is much drier than the dark meat, leg.

But I prefer chicken I cant stand dry meat, just doesnt taste nice to me.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

I declare chicken is the best... in my opinion. :D Chicken tastes a lot better I could eat chicken anytime. Gotta love heated chicken covered in gravy put inbetween 2 slices of italian bread. I don't really care how dry they are but for me chicken has more flavor and can be mixed in with stuff easier than turkey.

Saint
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Saint »

Chicken is one meat, turkey is another. Far more can/has been done with chicken so its really not a fair comparison :(
aka~Rubber_Chuck
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Saint""]Chicken is one meat, turkey is another. Far more can/has been done with chicken so its really not a fair comparison :([/quote]
The reason why more has been done with chicken is because it is a superior meat product.

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Do we need a chicken/turkey poll??
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]sad thing is most of the info regarding ''colonial america'' is withheld from classroom textbooks, reason is they deem this info ''inappropriate'' but in actuallity is a slow way to try to erase the past and reword it to a shape a more ''appropriate'' and friendly early-america[/quote]

So true, Dan. I lived my childhood in a town (Mystic, Connecticut) not knowing that 750 women and children were deliberately shut into a wooden fort and burned to death 1 mile from my house in 1637. I had to do my own research on the matter and was shocked to discover this. There actually used to be a statute dedicated to the colonial leader who committed this atrocity. It was taken down in 1993.

I agree with you, Indy, that the best we can do at this point is simply to commit ourselves to never allowing such things to happen again. I did find it interesting that you called economics a "peaceful" pursuit in contrast to war. I have a slightly bleaker view of economics (or "commerce" as I like to call the whole dynamic that surrounds economic exchange), namely that economics can be extremely warlike without a formal war being declared. Ruthless competition between economic competitors can lead to all sorts of nastiness, including violence and colonialism. In the end, it's all about making a profit, no matter the human cost (uh oh, I've invited some charges that I'm a closet commie now 8O ).
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""deadhanddan""]sad thing is most of the info regarding ''colonial america'' is withheld from classroom textbooks, reason is they deem this info ''inappropriate'' but in actuallity is a slow way to try to erase the past and reword it to a shape a more ''appropriate'' and friendly early-america[/quote]

So true, Dan. I lived my childhood in a town (Mystic, Connecticut) not knowing that 750 women and children were deliberately shut into a wooden fort and burned to death 1 mile from my house in 1637. I had to do my own research on the matter and was shocked to discover this. There actually used to be a statute dedicated to the colonial leader who committed this atrocity. It was taken down in 1993.

I agree with you, Indy, that the best we can do at this point is simply to commit ourselves to never allowing such things to happen again. I did find it interesting that you called economics a "peaceful" pursuit in contrast to war. I have a slightly bleaker view of economics (or "commerce" as I like to call the whole dynamic that surrounds economic exchange), namely that economics can be extremely warlike without a formal war being declared. Ruthless competition between economic competitors can lead to all sorts of nastiness, including violence and colonialism. In the end, it's all about making a profit, no matter the human cost (uh oh, I've invited some charges that I'm a closet commie now 8O ).[/quote]

I'll grant you that economics is a form of violence and can certainly be unfair, ruthless, etc. My basic premise, which is an axiom of mine and I cannot offer proof, is that raw violence is the worst atrocity, and that replacing greater atrocities with lesser is at least an incremental improvement. And you're a commie. ;)
Saint
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Saint »

Turkey FTW
aka~Rubber_Chuck
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

^

Indeed. Turkey FTW!!! It's why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday...THE FOOD!!!

(And, Cleeduz, I lost that epic tilt on Plymouth. I was using Ottoman (Turkey...get it?), against Japan. I had no counter for what he was bringing....and I played like crap too.)