Many Thanks

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Many Thanks

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""GeneralMichael""]Welcome back Highlander. Also I think a milkshake does not really count as a liquid. So you could live off of those, and other similar drinks. ;)

[quote=""hallchr""]How about we all pledge to live on beer only.[/quote]

Which reminds me in my political science class we just finished doing the law unit and during that we did a mock trial on drunk driving. (I was the arresting officer). The kid was let go on DUI, I think the jurry focused too much on the person being asleep(probably passed out). In real life the person was convicted[/quote]

I can do better. I was the Foreman for a Jury in Dallas county for a DWI trial. Took 2 1/2 hours and we convicted him. They say dumb people are the only ones in the jury rooms, but I think everyone should serve that part of their civic duty at least once.[/quote]

I will never serve on a jury. They never let attorneys on in the first place. But here are some tips on how to be excused if you are not an attorney: (1) In a criminal case, say: "I support the police in every single case, no matter the facts. My father was a cop, his father was a cop and my grandfather was a cop back in Ireland. Criminals must be punished and I strongly support the death penalty for every crime, including shoplifting;" and (2) In a civil case, say: "I work for an insurance company. I support insurance companies in every case, no matter the facts. I think all private individuals are liars and no one deserves money for an injury. I only trust insurance companies. Other than that, I can be fair and impartial."

@ Rascal: That sounds cool. It was easy to convict someone of witchcraft because it was impossible to witness the crime. All you needed was some nut to get up and say: "Goody Smith conjured familiar spirits." Then Goody Smith would get up and say: "No I didn't. I am not a witch." Then the judge would respond: "If you are not a witch, how do you know you are not one?" Burn her at the stake! (that was the penalty under English law... same one for female traitors... males got drawn and quartered).
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""Blackadderthe4th""]Especially water, water only gives you problems. Terrible stuff really.[/quote]

True. Do u fine people know what fish do in the stuff? Its disgusting.

out
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""GeneralMichael""] "If you are not a witch, how do you know you are not one?" Burn her at the stake! (that was the penalty under English law... same one for female traitors... males got drawn and quartered).[/quote][/quote][/quote]

This is quite amusing, the system was quite flawed in the old days. Anyone under suspicion of being a witch was dead whether innocent or not.
If you were thought to be a witch, they would drown you, if you drowned, then you were not a witch, if you didn't drown then you were a witch and would be burned at the stake.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Kaiser:

I did jury duty in municpal court in May of 2007. 2 weeks, of watching movies, reading books, playing computer games and exploring downtown Columbus. Never got called to a jury. Got paid like $200 to do nothing. First week was OK, but by Tuesday of week 2, I was ready to be DONE.