A thread for "Quick Questions"?

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: A thread for "Quick Questions"?

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""]Why are people already scheduling their N3O League games? Am I the only one who just don't have a clue where a can see the matchups?[/quote]

Huggy, go to the "N30 League" Section and there is a post at the very bottom of the page called "Week 1 Fixtures." That post has all the matchups for the first week.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""]Why are people already scheduling their N3O League games? Am I the only one who just don't have a clue where a can see the matchups?[/quote]

It will be more orginised when the tables are up and running, I have just made a new section in the forums for the league as with 5 divisions it will get confusing.

Look at this thread for the details on week 1 match-ups: Week 1
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

If you want outstanding healthcare, work for the school system in the US. My wife started working at our local school as some sort of teacher's assistant and we pay $125/month for a family HMO plan, no deductible, no annual out of pocket, a large majority of services covered 100%. I've never heard of a plan with this kind of coverage and with this premium. Most companies won't offer this kind of coverage because it's costs too much and there won't be enough participation. I handle my company's healthcare premiums, so I have some insight into the process.

My theory is that teacher's salaries are subject to great scrutiny each year when the annual budget is reviewed and approved. So, teachers end up with lower than normal salaries, but then are compensated (not enough though) with outstanding healthcare benefits, the cost of which aren't subject to the same level of scrutiny as salaries might get. Just my theory anyway.
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

Are college professors subject to the same treatment?
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Treatment of teachers will be very specific to the area, since most teachers' pay and benefits are determined at the local level (typically county, sometimes city). There may be similar dynamics many places - ie that pay is shunted to benefits rather than base salary to fudge the numbers - but I would not assume that the benefits will be good everywhere.

Most colleges will be determined at the state level for public universities, and by whatever the college negotiates for private universities. I would expect on the whole for colleges to have equal or superior benefits to K-12 school teachers, however there are many temporary or contracted professors (as opposed to standard tenure-track) that probably have inferior or no benefits.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

In my experience, I have enjoyed flawless health when I am fully insured. It is only when I am uninsured that contagion conspires against me, necessitating 6-digit medical costs for which I am personally liable.

Actually, I did have one examination while insured this year. The insurance company called me every day for several weeks, demanding that I contact all my past physicians so they could send in my past medical records for review. I told them that I already disclosed my past medical history on my insurance application, so there was no need to pore over medical records to get the same information. Obviously they were looking for a potential "pre-existing condition" which they could use to deny coverage for the examination. They did not find it, but I still saw the insurance company for what it was: A stingy, mistrusting adversary that was perfectly willing to take my premiums, yet dead-set against paying any benefits without a prolonged struggle.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]...They did not find it, but I still saw the insurance company for what it was: A stingy, mistrusting adversary that was perfectly willing to take my premiums, yet dead-set against paying any benefits without a prolonged struggle.[/quote]

All those kind words, and I thought you didn't like insurance companies. :D
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

Yea, insurance companies are greedy suckers even though they have billions and you have thousands. They are afraid to do pay anything even if it means that you would go bankrupt.