PayPal Donations

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

PayPal Donations

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

A PayPal donations button has been added to the site to generate some revenue to fund the website hosting services and the VOIP server.
The website and VOIP servers are currently funded by 3 members of the clan, myself, CrAz3n and LaZy_TuGa. It isn't a huge cost, but the fact remains that it still has to be paid for.

We previously used a freehost site which (if you were here when we did) I'm sure you'll agree was not enough for our needs, and so it was decided that we would move here last November.The move to the new site is a great success with the superior forums and facilities which you all enjoy now, a big benefit to the N3O community of which you are a part of.

We have also stepped up to a rented Ventrilo server from our previous TeamSpeak server (kindly hosted by comadevil), those of you who have used/are using the N3O Ventrilo server will agree the audio quality is superb and second to none, some have even said it is better than their landline!

I will be making donations to this fund, as I see it as a nice way to give something back to a community that I have gotten so much from over the time I have been here.If you feel the same way as I do, and would like to donate, small or big, then click on the Donate button to support N3O.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: PayPal Donations

Post by 36drew »

I think that anyone who donates should post in here what the donated to give some credit to themselves.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

$25.00 US from the fellow for now.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

$25 US from me as well, for such a worthy cause
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I have added $25.00 as well.

This was an excellent idea Jim. This way those who want to contribute can do so easily. It may also allow us to bump up file storage limits and maximum size and even file type. We didn't go the cheap route with hosting and the Vent server is an awesome addition. I wish my land line was as clear. Thanks to Lazy for that. I never could have guessed that the quality would be as great as it is.
Last edited by NEO_CrAz3n on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

I agree with Roger, its an excellent idea Jim!
I know you've been talking about it for sometime!
And now that its finally up i reckon you could get a few people to donate, however small, to keep the site and server going.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

$50.00 has been wired from the Kaiser's royal treasury 8)

I think this a great way of giving back and saying "thanks" for maintaining a fantastic site and a great community. Ventrilo is great; keep it up!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Steve / Indy has contributed. Give us some idea going along of how fast the "fund" is being consumed and we can gauge contributions accordingly. :D
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]I have added $25.00 as well.

This was an excellent idea Jim. This way those who want to contribute can do so easily. It may also allow us to bump up file storage limits and maximum size and even file type. We didn't go the cheap route with hosting and the Vent server is an awesome addition. I wish my land line was as clear. Thanks to Lazy for that. I never could have guessed that the quality would be as great as it is.[/quote]

Yes, one of the thoughts was not only that we can cover the costs with donations, but if there is enough collected from time to time, we can upgrade our hosting facilites. This would give us even more scope for improvements.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]Steve / Indy has contributed. Give us some idea going along of how fast the "fund" is being consumed and we can gauge contributions accordingly. :D[/quote]

Of course. Any funds collected through the paypal donations will be listed and we will also list where the funds go as well.
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

I just donated. :D
Plan to try Ventrilo this weekend! 8)
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
mrsniffler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mrsniffler »

Whats the money gona go towards to? :)
been kicked from clan
mrsniffles out
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Reread the topic :p
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

What's the status here? Time for another infusion yet?
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Status (I'll check it later) is we are currently around $25 in credit (I think). We were at around £190 and paid out for another 3 years hosting in November when our first year was up. We don't really require any funding for the time being, but obviously if we find ourselves with $$$ in the account then we can do something with it.
Perhaps if we did have an excess in the account we could host a dedicated VOD site or something? There seems to be a lot around recently......