Kaiser is Off to Berlin !

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kaiser is Off to Berlin !

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Hi guys. I have been suffering a bit of AOE withdrawal as of late as I struggle to make my preparations to head off to Germany this week. I will be in Berlin from this Friday until next Wednesday, so I will not be on ESO during that time. I hope to check the forums as often as I can from the internet cafe or my laptop while I'm over there. I will take some pictures (hopefully one of me on Uhlanstrasse) and post them later. And if I do see an Uhlan, Needle Gun or Doppelsoeldner, I will be certain to let you know :D

Hopefully I will be able to play a little tomorrow before I go cold turkey for the rest of the week. I will miss you all; N30 really makes my AOE time special and I can't stop raving about it. Have fun while I'm away and make sure someone does some uhlan raiding in our OP clan matches!!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Kaiser is Off to Berlin !

Post by Nighthawk22 »

hey good luck and hope you enjoy your trip! :D Keep us well informed about your journey to Germany ;)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

If you see a Doppelsoldner, there won't be anything left of you to let us know. 8O
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

hope u have a great time!
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""] ... I will miss you all; N30 really makes my AOE time special and I can't stop raving about it. Have fun while I'm away ...[/quote]

Its guys like urself that make the family grow and become what it is 2day bro

out

Kaiser I hope u enjoy urself proportionatly to us missing u bro. (hmm.... might not quite b perfect english here)
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

OK, gentlemen! I have returned from the Fatherland and, despite my horribly jet-lagged condition, I have a few observations about my travels in Berlin.

First, I did not see any uhlans. But I did notice that the train station Uhlanstrasse was closed for construction. So it's entirely possible that there were uhlans working underground.

Second, there were no doppelsoldners, unless you count the big guys who drank two 1-liter beer mugs from each hand while making their way down the street at night!

Finally, I DID see LOTS of German villagers, although they were wearing modern attire, not the old-style dresses and lederhosen you see in AOE3. Nonetheless, they were powering the OP German econ at all hours of the day and night. There were also settler wagons all over Berlin, but instead of chopping wood and mining gold, they were selling CDs and curry-wurst for under 3 euros a pop :-P

Also, during my flight over the Atlantic and on to Germany, I noticed on my in-flight monitor that we passed over jolly old England. I waved to Al, Jim, Holly-Holly-Holly, Jonny, Chris, Hydro and all my other cherished English brothers. Perhaps the next time I'm abroad I will pay a visit to the Queen's Own Realm :D In any event, I am happy to be back and I will be on ESO tomorrow. I hope to see you all again soon, provided, of course, that ESO is still around ;/
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

Glad you enjoyed your trip Kaiser! :)
dragonshinobi_old
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dragonshinobi_old »

no dopples? :(
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

The dopples and uhlans were busy in asia invading the russia, sioux and britain.

http://www.aoe3clan.com/index.php?name= ... pic&t=1706
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Like I said in another post, I went out of town the for a couple of days and one of the small towns we went through was called Uhland. Which is close to Uhlan but someone decided to add a d at the end. We were in New Braunfels
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th