Skype?

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Skype?

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Well I downloaded Skype last night and made an account (hydrovert5) but I have no idea how to work it. I have a working headset with mic but I'm clueless as to how to add people etc, so if anyone could spare a minute to explain to me as I'm a bit nooby with technical stuff. :)

Thanks in advance.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Re: Skype?

Post by LaZy »

Sure bro, Id b happy 2, only bcos I want 2 know if ur voice is as sexy as LordandCounts.

Open skype. Actually the best thing is for it 2 open everytime u switch windows on. U have several tabs showing in the upper section. By default u will c the Contacts tab. It has a person for symbol. This is where ur list of contacts is at. In ur case ull likely have that empty atm since u only got it yesterday. Next thing u wanna do is add people to that list. Just bellow the "contacts" tab u will have the "Add contact" option. Once u click that option a small window appers where u need 2 add the persons name u want 2 add. If u know what the name othe person ur looking for uses just type it in. Once u add the name of the person u wanna add a new even smaller windows opens so that u can "greet" the person ur trying 2 add as a contact on ur personal list. We have a more or less comprehensive list of peoples names in the "instant messaging section". From there on u just add peoples names until u get tired or run outta names :)

Next step. Calling people. On the same "contacts" tab u should now c peoples names. Those people might b offline atm and thus have a grey X next 2 their names or a green symbol. To call any of those people all u do is right click on their names and hit the "make Call" option, or u can just left click on their names and hit the green telephone symbol on the bootom center footer!

If ur the host, ie the 1 that actually called a person u will b gievn the option of adding callers to a conference. this is easily done by right clicking on the names of the people u want 2 add and hit the "invite 2 conference" option.

Easy peasy

Hope 2 hear from ya soon.

Out
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

LAZY!!! I typed the whole thing, and before posting I saw you post.... took me 5 mins to write and i erased has it wont be useful! you are very very very mean!!! xD well anyways add me hydro: Aravinthan, Laval, Canada
A master Piece done by cleeduz
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

actually any of the first 2 people in the call can add callers, ie, if you phoned me lazy, i could still add callers as well as you, but those people we add cannot add other people. so i could add Ara to the call but Ara couldn't add anyone.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Hmmm, you've explained how to add people to his friends list, but thatis no good unless his headset is configured with skype....... ;)
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I got it working but Lazy and co. say that it's hard to hear me...
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

LaZy says a lot of things. Most need not be repeared. The rest u dont need 2 pay attention 2.

Out

PS glad we got it working though. The faint sound u make when speaking is due 2 the fact that ur not "eating" ur mic. Try glueing it 2 ur lips. Ull soon c that ur voice, and ur strong accent, will become audibale.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

There are also settings to adjust your input/output vloume (just incase you didn't see these).
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Okay I got my mic working at long last. You have to literally put the mic more or less into your mouth for it to work... which brings me to my next question.

Can you alter the sensitivity of the mic at all? so I don't have to like shout into the mic?

Thanks in advance. :)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""]Okay I got my mic working at long last. You have to literally put the mic more or less into your mouth for it to work... which brings me to my next question.

Can you alter the sensitivity of the mic at all? so I don't have to like shout into the mic?

Thanks in advance. :)[/quote]

Probably, but it's better just to put Ice Cream on it :)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
dragonshinobi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dragonshinobi »

what is skype?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

A Voice over IP program, allows you to talk to ppl, kinda like MSN messenger.
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

And means you have to listen to a member of the clan who lives in Ferragudo sing, who is tone deaf :p