Anyone into cubing or even speedcubing??

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Anyone into cubing or even speedcubing??

Post by ZoRPrimE »

In my new place there was an old rubiks cube so I decided to try and learn to solve it. Being the glutton for punishment I am I tried to solve it without reading any instructions. Got it down to 2 squares left that were flipped on bottom face and katty corner on first 8 hour day. A week later of playing with it now and then and I still had not solved it. My friend had retracted his statement "I don't think anyone can learn to solve it without reading at least some instructions." saying he didn't believe that was true. So I broke down and learned how to solve it on my iPhone while stuck at a coffee shop for 3 hours. Found a good youtube link and solved it in about an hour.

Well Long story short now I have a DIY cube (speed cube assembly ordered from rubiks.com) and I have the just released last month. 7x7x7 V-cube 7. Aparently for 20 years the mystery of making a stable cube of more than 5x5x5 went unsolved and some Greek guy came up with a design that should scale infinately???

Well after about 4 hours and listening to some little kids how-to on youtube on how to solve it, couldn't find any other solutions, I finally solved it. Figured out a handfull of tricks on my own too. Apologies if that little kid was you DJDan :twisted: there's no way I could have known.

Well anyone else into cubing?, or formerly into cubing seeing it's been around since early eighties.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Re: Anyone into cubing or even speedcubing??

Post by djdan »

Damn you know me Zorp, how'd ya guess?! lol Was he annoying, british and swore liek he had tourettes? ;) lol
Na I've never been a Rubiks Cube fan I like the idea of them, but i'm too stubborn to get instructions and have absolutely no patience lol it would end up goingthrough a window! :-/
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I need to learn how to read. I thought this was about clubbing and speed clubbing. LOL.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""36drew""]I need to learn how to read. I thought this was about clubbing and speed clubbing. LOL.[/quote]

Yup, I would definately suggest learning to read before tackling "The Cube". ;)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""][quote=""36drew""]I need to learn how to read. I thought this was about clubbing and speed clubbing. LOL.[/quote]

Yup, I would definately suggest learning to read before tackling "The Cube". ;)[/quote]

hehe:)
did anybody see the movie: "The Cube" and "Cube Zero" ?
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Closest I ever came to solving it was having all but 2 small cubes. Haven't tried since then.....several years.
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

I developed an algorithm for solving it while in High School (1979?). Anyway, at the time I found to be painfully simple and boring.

Fast forward to last year, and my boy brought one home. Even after looking at my notes from then, I had a devil of a time with it.

My brain is mush anymore :(.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I can honestly say I have never solved more than one side of a Rubik's Cube before. Frankly, I'm too lazy to look up methods of solving it or making any of my own. I just find it too tedious and repetitive...
Groovy.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

That movie with Will Smith with the rubics cube was cool.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""36drew""]That movie with Will Smith with the rubics cube was cool.[/quote]

The Pursuit of Happyness, yeah quality film, Will Smith is one of the gratest actors!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""djdan""][quote=""36drew""]That movie with Will Smith with the rubics cube was cool.[/quote]

The Pursuit of Happyness, yeah quality film, Will Smith is one of the gratest actors![/quote]

I actualyl would tend to agree with this.