why december 21,2012 will not be doomsday

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Tatltael
Major
Major

Re: why december 21,2012 will not be doomsday

Post by Tatltael »

[quote=""Alanriah""]I have watched the history channel lately and heard about the rumor that December 12, 2012 is "doomsaday". Now im sure many of you have heard of this and i want to point out any confsion about this topic, because the whole idea of this happening is rubbish.

Rumor 1:
Supposedly a sun flare of great magnitude will wipe out all of life(while our magnetic fields are gone). Well, sorry to break it to those scientists but its simply impossible for the sun at its stage right now to produce a cataclysmic sun flare. Maybe in a few billion years when the sun gets ready for its stage to turn into a red giant the people of earth should be more alarmed of this.

Rumor2:
A suddden polar shift (north and south magnetic fields switch) will happen resulting in loss of our atmosphere. Well this is probly the most aburd rumor of them all. Yes our earth does go through cycles where the magnetic field switches. No it does not happen all at once. In fact it takes 5000 years for this process to take place. So this would also mean there wouldnt be a sudden gravity burst hurling us into oblivion, like our "smart" scientists say.

Dont be fooled though, this will be a day like no other. On this day at 11:11 a.m. gmt, the sun will hit the center of the galaxy and the suns rays will hit the almost precisely the north pole. but this is just merely nice timing, not a chain reaction that will end life

Will 12.21.12 be the end of life on earth? I cannot tell. The ancient mayans cant tell. And certainly scientists cant tell.

Hope this cleared any confusion about this.[/quote]

ancient mayans are wicked sick tbh. i have lived with / around them 8) if they get one thing wrong its np
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]

I think the bigger apolcalyptic threat is socio-economic rather than solar. With more and more inflation, unemployment, poverty and some regional wars, people will get more desperate. Human beings are far more efficient at eliminating themselves than any natural phenomenon.[/quote]

as we have proved time and time again to ourselves but never really learn from it ..... i think the human race is summed up quite well by agent smith in the matrix when he says humans are the cancer of the earth

any how chin up lads we still got time for a beer and a sp.....
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Tatltael""]ancient mayans are wicked sick tbh. i have lived with / around them 8) if they get one thing wrong its np[/quote]

how old are you? or do you reincarnate often?
:D
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

17 ;D
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

HE reincarnated....... or maybe he is a nerd-genius who made a time travelling machine and he goes to visit teh mayas ever sunday?
A master Piece done by cleeduz
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Aravinthan""]HE reincarnated....... or maybe he is a nerd-genius who made a time travelling machine and he goes to visit teh mayas ever sunday?[/quote]

We can all visit the Mayas simply by watching Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto!" Cool movie... there's a real skull night in it haha :-P Plus you get to see a few human sacrifices FTW.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

God we're a bloodthirsty bunch...

I dunno about you guys but it's time to turn this thread around to what we all love. (not me, I mean alcohol). ;)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""]God we're a bloodthirsty bunch...[/quote]

:twisted:

talkin bout thirsty, let's have a few beers to celebrate our possible win vs n)fac!
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

lol, n)fac stands no chance against my pr 14.1 FURY! :twisted:
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Aravinthan""]HE reincarnated....... or maybe he is a nerd-genius who made a time travelling machine and he goes to visit teh mayas ever sunday?[/quote]

We can all visit the Mayas simply by watching Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto!" Cool movie... there's a real skull night in it haha :-P Plus you get to see a few human sacrifices FTW.[/quote]

That movie was the most unexpected thing it could be and I completely loved it, amazing. There were ERKs and maces there!
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Aravinthan""]HE reincarnated....... or maybe he is a nerd-genius who made a time travelling machine and he goes to visit teh mayas ever sunday?[/quote]

We can all visit the Mayas simply by watching Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto!" Cool movie... there's a real skull night in it haha :-P Plus you get to see a few human sacrifices FTW.[/quote]

That movie was the most unexpected thing it could be and I completely loved it, amazing. There were ERKs and maces there![/quote]
Weapons made of obsidian and heads going *tomp**tomp**tomp* down the pyramid things...
I've spent the last few days trying to find my copy of it, no lies.
Such nice scenery!
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

[quote=""Aravinthan""]HE reincarnated....... or maybe he is a nerd-genius who made a time travelling machine and he goes to visit teh mayas ever sunday?[/quote]

no.

as awfully inaccurate as apocalypto is, it still looks badass
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

[quote=""Tatltael""][quote=""Aravinthan""]HE reincarnated....... or maybe he is a nerd-genius who made a time travelling machine and he goes to visit teh mayas ever sunday?[/quote]

no.

as awfully inaccurate as apocalypto is, it still looks badass[/quote]
Iaccurate? dude there were maces, skull nights!!!! and human sacrifies... thats pretty much wat mayas did when they lived... oh yh forgot parting and making pyramids and a calendar that i unfinished that worries everyone. I wonder, why does no1 panick when they see that the calendar that they have in their houses finishes in 2008? 2008 is closer to 2012 no? xD
A master Piece done by cleeduz
QuadriplegicCow
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by QuadriplegicCow »

Doomsday is when i say it is, moooooohahahahahaha
dragonshinobi_old
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dragonshinobi_old »

i wont even be old enough to drink beer in 2012 =( but i will be 18 =)