why december 21,2012 will not be doomsday

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Alanriah
Sergeant
Sergeant

why december 21,2012 will not be doomsday

Post by Alanriah »

I have watched the history channel lately and heard about the rumor that December 12, 2012 is "doomsaday". Now im sure many of you have heard of this and i want to point out any confsion about this topic, because the whole idea of this happening is rubbish.

Rumor 1:
Supposedly a sun flare of great magnitude will wipe out all of life(while our magnetic fields are gone). Well, sorry to break it to those scientists but its simply impossible for the sun at its stage right now to produce a cataclysmic sun flare. Maybe in a few billion years when the sun gets ready for its stage to turn into a red giant the people of earth should be more alarmed of this.

Rumor2:
A suddden polar shift (north and south magnetic fields switch) will happen resulting in loss of our atmosphere. Well this is probly the most aburd rumor of them all. Yes our earth does go through cycles where the magnetic field switches. No it does not happen all at once. In fact it takes 5000 years for this process to take place. So this would also mean there wouldnt be a sudden gravity burst hurling us into oblivion, like our "smart" scientists say.

Dont be fooled though, this will be a day like no other. On this day at 11:11 a.m. gmt, the sun will hit the center of the galaxy and the suns rays will hit the almost precisely the north pole. but this is just merely nice timing, not a chain reaction that will end life

Will 12.21.12 be the end of life on earth? I cannot tell. The ancient mayans cant tell. And certainly scientists cant tell.

Hope this cleared any confusion about this.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: why december 21,2012 will not be doomsday

Post by IndyBrit »

Umm,
Not sure what this part means:
On this day at 11:11 a.m. gmt, the sun will hit the center of the galaxy and the suns rays will hit the almost precisely the north pole. but this is just merely nice timing, not a chain reaction that will end life.

I don't know if we'll still be here, we may meander into a black hole or something before that. I can say with great confidence that we won't be near the center of the galaxy though, nor will the north pole be pointing at the sun.

I'm looking forward to whereever this thread is going to go. Have a beer, I say. :D
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]I'm looking forward to whereever this thread is going to go. Have a beer, I say. :D[/quote]

I'd drink to that!
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

what? end of the world soon? WHAAAAAAA
let's get drunk now we still can
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]what? end of the world soon? WHAAAAAAA
let's get drunk now we still can[/quote]

Lol. Excellent idea. :D
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me. But employers and bill collectors probably don't want this to happen; why should you show up to work if you know it's all gonna end on a certain date anyway 8) And why fork over your cash on bills when you can go out and hoist a few before the end??

I think the bigger apolcalyptic threat is socio-economic rather than solar. With more and more inflation, unemployment, poverty and some regional wars, people will get more desperate. Human beings are far more efficient at eliminating themselves than any natural phenomenon.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me. But employers and bill collectors probably don't want this to happen; why should you show up to work if you know it's all gonna end on a certain date anyway[/quote]

Thats it, everyone skip work on this day! And if your not playing AOE3 by this date, wipe off the dust and start playing again! lol
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Y2K 'nuff said.

Here's a question though: When will the world end?

The postulate that the world will not end in 2012 cannot be proven, since you cannot prove a negative.

Either way, I'm drinking to it and playing AOE to the detriment of my PR ;)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Alanriah
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Alanriah »

What dont you guys drink to xD I would too if i was old enough ;)
EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EndlessPower »

Well even tho those theories are absurd, it will happen some day, and considering the way people live nowadays, I guess near that day people will be as sceptic as u are now :D
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Any remember the simpsons where the comic book guy says 'ohhhh my life is wasted' when the meteorite is cruising down main street?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Wasnt 06/06/06 doomsday too? :( I can't wait for the fireworks.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

08/08/08 is olympics, lots of firework there :D
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

In my opinion the only people who believe this sort of stuff are emos/goths, and religious dudes.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""EndlessPower""]Well even tho those theories are absurd, it will happen some day, and considering the way people live nowadays, I guess near that day people will be as sceptic as u are now :D[/quote]

Not to get into some huge philosophical debate/discussion, but hoe do you know that it will happen one day?
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th