Can't Wait until August!

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Can't Wait until August!

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Hi N3O ! Well, I've been in the clan now for almost a month. I wanted to tell all of you how much I am enjoying it; I have never met such a great bunch of people on AOE3! It has really made me feel good about the game again. Thank you so much for all the great forum topics and games.

I'm writing today to let everyone know that my online time has been limited by some really crushing work weeks. But never fear: It looks like my schedule is going to open up by early August and I will be on a lot more. Knowing that, I want to put the word out that I am ALWAYS ready for team games, so if you see me on, just count me in!

Next, if anyone needs a 2v2 partner or wants to practice 1v1s, look me up! I am pretty much always ready for those. I am a regular German player, but I am pretty familiar with Russia, Brits and Dutch. I experiment with French, Spanish and Ports, too, so if you want to play around with those, let me know ;)

Thanks for listening, guys! I am looking forward to some good gaming this weekend and beyond.
Last edited by Kaiser_von_Nuben on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
rambo098
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Can't Wait until August!

Post by rambo098 »

great to have you in the clan Kaiser. looking forward to play some games with ya!
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

And we are happy to have ya here buddy! Glad we have re-kindled/intensified your love for AOE3!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

its the djdan effect!

glad you luck us ;)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

You know I'm always up for a team game when I have the time. I can play treaty as well when the time permits as that changes up the game and strat up some as well and I know you and I've played treaty in the past...

I've pretty much given up on 1v1.. Not nearly as fun as team games IMO. Too much flaming/laming/etc.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[quote=""Soccerman771""]You know I'm always up for a team game when I have the time. I can play treaty as well when the time permits as that changes up the game and strat up some as well and I know you and I've played treaty in the past...

I've pretty much given up on 1v1.. Not nearly as fun as team games IMO. Too much flaming/laming/etc.[/quote]

Sounds great, Soccer. I don't do competitive 1v1 in TAD anymore, either, for the reasons you mention, plus the Jappo/Indian menace. ;) But a friendly unrated 1v1 is always welcome!

I like treaty, too. 40 nr is a bit long for me, but 20 and 10 I find much more manageable. It can be tough to get team games in these modes, but if anyone would like to try a few with me, just let me know. :-P

StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

It's great to have you here and thanks for the kind words. To be honest, I think there a several people who would have quit the game a long time ago if it wasn't for the fact that being in N3O clan makes the game so much more enjoyable.

If I wasn't in a clan, I imagine I probably would have ditched the game by now, but N3O makes it so much more worthwhile and fun for me.

Long live N3O!!! :D
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Soccerman771""]You know I'm always up for a team game when I have the time. I can play treaty as well when the time permits as that changes up the game and strat up some as well and I know you and I've played treaty in the past...

I've pretty much given up on 1v1.. Not nearly as fun as team games IMO. Too much flaming/laming/etc.[/quote]

Sounds great, Soccer. I don't do competitive 1v1 in TAD anymore, either, for the reasons you mention, plus the Jappo/Indian menace. ;) But a friendly unrated 1v1 is always welcome!

I like treaty, too. 40 nr is a bit long for me, but 20 and 10 I find much more manageable. It can be tough to get team games in these modes, but if anyone would like to try a few with me, just let me know. :-P[/quote]

10 and 20 is what I was thinking. NR 40 is walls and spamming. With 10 and 20 at least there are strats and thinking involved as well as scouting and micro. Its actually a part of the game I've neglected, along with Deathmatch (which I had fun with in 'nilla).

[quote=""Strokeyblofeld""]It's great to have you here and thanks for the kind words. To be honest, I think there a several people who would have quit the game a long time ago if it wasn't for the fact that being in N3O clan makes the game so much more enjoyable.

If I wasn't in a clan, I imagine I probably would have ditched the game by now, but N3O makes it so much more worthwhile and fun for me.

Long live N3O!!! [/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Great to have you, this is definitely an awesome clan. Work has me pinned down lately too, but I'm looking forward to getting some games in when school is back in session (home lightens up a bit then. :D)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Hi N3O... I have never met such a great bunch of people on AOE3!...[/quote]

One does what one can. Its hard being me, but I get by.

Out
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

Hey thats great man :) . I enjoy all the comp stomps we do, and would glady team up with your or play some unrated 1v1's ;)
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Nice to see the enthusiasm, look forward to playing with you.
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]

I still like 1v1 sometimes, but the biggest downside is u dont get to do a victory touchdown dance with anyone when u win.

*posts funny dancing whatever*
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, I think it was a good gaming weekend. The clan games were great and I got to try out some new strats. Tatl taught me some lessons about TWC civs (that Sioux semi-FF is just OP... beautifully executed!). I had some nice games with Rufio and jonny. Sorry about the rated losses, jonny... we'll get 'em next time!! Sometimes the other guys pull all the right cards and have all the right counters at all the right times :mad:

And again: August is coming up and then it'll really be game time!! I'm looking forward to playing with all of you. :D

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Well, I think it was a good gaming weekend. The clan games were great and I got to try out some new strats. Tatl taught me some lessons about TWC civs (that Sioux semi-FF is just OP... beautifully executed!). I had some nice games with Rufio and jonny. Sorry about the rated losses, jonny... we'll get 'em next time!! Sometimes the other guys pull all the right cards and have all the right counters at all the right times :mad:

And again: August is coming up and then it'll really be game time!! I'm looking forward to playing with all of you. :D[/quote]
Tell me about it. Me and shoot_bogey played a game last night we should have won, but sometimes I just play like a dammed corporal, while the other guys play like brigs...just p.o.'s me. One of those matchups you win 9 out of 10 times and this happens to be the one time you lose. Oh, well can't win them all..
jtackel@hotmail.com