Moderator: Global Moderator

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

International football/soccer riots right in my own hometown

Post by RascalJones »

LET'S GO CREW!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... s&&cc=5901

(Yes, I realize this falls WELL short of a full-out soccer riot)
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: International football/soccer riots right in my own home

Post by huGGy »

West Ham? ICF is back or what? :P
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

good to see them sothern softies flying the english flag for us...

30 v 100 crew must have taken a right beating
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Fun!

Didn't some South American countries go to war over a soccer match? That's what I call fan dedication :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Fun!

Didn't some South American countries go to war over a soccer match? That's what I call fan dedication :-P[/quote]

This is what you were referring to:
http://www.onwar.com/aced/data/sierra/soccer1969.htm
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

people go insane over something intended to be a game o_o
dragonshinobi_old
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dragonshinobi_old »

ppl always take this stuff too seriously........geez
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Not usually in the USA. Now, if you're talking American Football, yeah, much too serious. I am a big Cleveland Browns fan, and I remember going to games with my dad as a kid, but I could NEVER take my kids to a game now. The fans are always drunk, angry, and violent.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""RascalJones""]Not usually in the USA. Now, if you're talking American Football, yeah, much too serious. I am a big Cleveland Browns fan, and I remember going to games with my dad as a kid, but I could NEVER take my kids to a game now. The fans are always drunk, angry, and violent.[/quote]

First to the bolded part: I am sooooo sorry! The only thing worse is being a Chargers fan or maybe a Cardinals fan.

2nd, with HD (or even without it) why would anyone ever go to a game anyway? It takes up all day. Fighting traffic, parking fo $40, food and drinks that will cost you an arm and a leg, maybe you get a good game to watch, rowdy obnoxious fans. The tickets themselves cost you well over $100 each if you want to actually watch the games. All for a 1 hour game that takes 3 hours to play....

Sorry, but I can "do" all that for less than $10, avoid traffic/parking and not have to wait in-line at the bathroom that is well over capacity with people who have drank too much. I doubt I ever go to a "professional" football game. Soccer on the other hand, most things are reasonable if I have the time/motivation. Then again, with HD, there's really no need to go watch it "live". Besides, if it's a boring game I can always go get on AOE ftw.. :)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Fun!

Didn't some South American countries go to war over a soccer match? That's what I call fan dedication :-P[/quote]

http://www.onwar.com/aced/data/sierra/soccer1969.htm[/quote]

Thanks for the link, Soccer. What a great website! Wars are an interest of mine, and I always like to see good analysis about why nations fight.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
dragonshinobi_old
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dragonshinobi_old »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Fun!

Thanks for the link, Soccer. What a great website! Wars are an interest of mine, and I always like to see good analysis about why nations fight.[/quote]

ppl go to war for the dumbest reasons............but i cant really betalking considering my nation goes to war over oil..... :roll:
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

[quote=""dragonshinobi""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Fun!

Thanks for the link, Soccer. What a great website! Wars are an interest of mine, and I always like to see good analysis about why nations fight.[/quote]

ppl go to war for the dumbest reasons............but i cant really betalking considering my nation goes to war over oil..... :roll:[/quote]
i agree with u drangon, i mean y would some1 go 2 war just for oil. I's crazy.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""BenS64""][quote=""dragonshinobi""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Fun!

ppl go to war for the dumbest reasons............but i cant really betalking considering my nation goes to war over oil..... :roll:[/quote]
i agree with u drangon, i mean y would some1 go 2 war just for oil. I's crazy.[/quote]

You guys need to read some real reasons for going to war. If you think the occupation in Iraq has to do with Oil, then you are mis-informed. If we were getting oil from Iraq, the price of gas here would be $.02 a gallon. The reason the war was started was because the dictatorship in Iraq was in violation of a UN treaty. He was told to stop and didn't. He killed hundreds of thousands of people (Kurds) in Northern Iraq with chemical weapons. The world is a better place because he and his sons are not here.

Fighting a war for 5 years and having less than 5,000 deaths (U.S.) is a remarkable statistic. Especially when you consider how bad the enemy wants to kill us.
jtackel@hotmail.com

scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""BenS64""][quote=""dragonshinobi""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Fun!

i agree with u drangon, i mean y would some1 go 2 war just for oil. I's crazy.[/quote]

You guys need to read some real reasons for going to war. If you think the occupation in Iraq has to do with Oil, then you are mis-informed. If we were getting oil from Iraq, the price of gas here would be $.02 a gallon. The reason the war was started was because the dictatorship in Iraq was in violation of a UN treaty. He was told to stop and didn't. He killed hundreds of thousands of people (Kurds) in Northern Iraq with chemical weapons. The world is a better place because he and his sons are not here.

Fighting a war for 5 years and having less than 5,000 deaths (U.S.) is a remarkable statistic. Especially when you consider how bad the enemy wants to kill us.[/quote]

ur wrong soccerman it was over the kuwaits oil fields the facts are there to see.

ur just spewing the same political rubbish we all heard at the start remember it wasnt that long ago the americans were erm helping the iraqs....( yes he was dictator yes he killed thousands of ppl but he was a dictator 20yrs ago but it just suited the americans then)

(the last big oil find was in 2006 it is a fith smaller than the oil fields found in the 70s which was the peak it has been in decline ever since so no more oil finds means lets just take theres :) )

UN treaty lol brits and america have been in violation of it for years.....

had to keep the quote thingy going it looks cool
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

[quote=""scoop10""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""BenS64""][quote=""dragonshinobi""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Fun!

Fighting a war for 5 years and having less than 5,000 deaths (U.S.) is a remarkable statistic. Especially when you consider how bad the enemy wants to kill us.[/quote]

ur wrong soccerman it was over the kuwaits oil fields the facts are there to see.

ur just spewing the same political rubbish we all heard at the start remember it wasnt that long ago the americans were erm helping the iraqs....( yes he was dictator yes he killed thousands of ppl but he was a dictator 20yrs ago but it just suited the americans then)

(the last big oil find was in 2006 it is a fith smaller than the oil fields found in the 70s which was the peak it has been in decline ever since so no more oil finds means lets just take theres :) )

UN treaty lol brits and america have been in violation of it for years.....

had to keep the quote thingy going it looks cool[/quote]yhhhhh west ham fans flying the flag of london hehe! (back on topic)

also we went to war because we thought iraq had nuclear weapons and they didnt totally pointless and avoidable war!

back in the day religion played a large part in war, and i guess the war with the terroists is to do with "religion" too.