FP 1.3 Beta (Updated 26/9/10)

Discuss, upload or download a new Scenario

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

FP 1.3 Beta (Updated 26/9/10)

Post by murdilator »

Second Iteration of FP 1.3, for FP 1.2 ONLY. Updated Again.

This is a bit different and I will put down the changes, which are similar to the earlier posted. The Civs are relatively fair.

This is a scenario. In order to play it, download it, and place it in

%USERPROFILE/MyDocuments/MyGames/AgeOfEmpiresIII/Scenario

It is to be hosted on Multiplayer, with only the following civs. Comps do work.

Only Playable Civs in this Scenario are: India, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Ottoman, China, Iroquois, and Sioux so far. Don't choose any of the others. This is playtesting open for everyone, and, remember, play TVB.

India, Japan, China, Otto, Native, and European Balance. Have fun!

Here are the "Patch Notes:" They are a bit difficult to read.

Murdilator presents:

FP 1.3 Beta; India, Japan, China, Ottoman, Native, and European Balance.

General Changes:

- European Outposts cost reduced to 215 wood, train points to 42, and give a small trickle of 0.12 food, 0.12 wood, 0.12 coin per second (given every 8.33 seconds to work). Outpost build limit reduced to 5. However, outpost build limit increased by 2.0 upon reaching fortress. (Makes turtling an option again, but this may be slightly OP. It needs to be tested with people, and if necessary, lowered to 0.10 trickle or 0.08 trickle or even 0.05 trickle. As it is, having 7 outposts in age 2 is like having an Age 2 Porcelain Tower).

- Grenadier cost reduced to 110 food, 50 coin, armor increased to 0.60, speed increased to 4.25. For testing purposes, Mercenary Chakrams have 0.60 armor as well. Consulate Young Garde now affected, and Arsonists have 5 speed with 0.60 armor.

- Extensive Fortifications now only gives +3.0 Outpost build limit, but gives -7.0 train points (to 35) and adds +4.0 LOS.

- When a player Revolutions, they recieve +30% artillery damage (for Gatlings), 8 villagers, and will continue to receive 6 free villagers every 60 seconds from Revolution time. This is only settlers, not Coureurs or Settler Wagons.

Portuguese:

- Portuguese get +1 wood crate and +1 coin crate. (If possible, removed hunting dogs bonus, as this is temporary and not used well on maps where other civs can get this upgrade quickly, such as on Silk Road where you start with a market. We could add then +1 food crate).

- Portuguese can build 3 more Outpost than other civs (8 Total, +2.0 in Fortress from General European boost).

- Cassador cost reduced to 75 food, 35 coin, Train points to 32, and Build Bounty down to 11 to mimic real thing.

China

- Hand Mortar cost increased to 75 food, 95 wood, made 2 population, and -6.00 LOS.

- Honored Hand Mortar gives +2.00 LOS

- Old Han Reforms now enables Mandarin Armies (at Village weirdly), at 400 food, 220 coin. Also, it forbids Old Han Armies, but gives Iron Troops and Manchus the equivalent of auto-upgrading Exalted techs.
(This is fixed, with fair bonuses.)

Japan

- Only start with one Monk, but stats increased to 450 HP, slightly
increased damage, 325 coin cost, more train points, and less upgrades while aging.

- Shrine limit decreased to 13, cost increased to 150 wood. Shrine hitpoints reduced to 1250. Train points are indirectly reduced from HP nerf (-22.0%). Also, they still support 15 population.

- Ashigaru cost reduced to 65 food, 35 coin, Train points to 32, hitpoints reduced to 130, ranged attack -20% (19.2), armor decreased to 0.10, and speed reduced to 4.25. Build Bounty reduced to 10.

- Close Combat card now gives +0.10 armor to Ashigarus.

- Golden Pavilion no longer gives any Advanced Arsenal improvements

- Naginata Rider speed reduced to 6.50, armor to 0.20. (Attack should be lowered to 26 in a real patch).

- Yabusame cost changed to 115 food, 85 coin, speed increased to 7.25, armor down to 0.40, and +40% attack to start with. (Attack should be increased to 10, artillery multiplier to x5)

- Hatamoto Samurai and Artillery start with -20% damage.

India

- Rajput cost reduced to 80 food, 35 wood, train points reduced to 28, hitpoints increased to 185, speed to 5.25. Build Bounty decreased to 11 to mimic real thing.

- Mahout cost reduced to 350 food, 250 wood. Build Bounty decreased to 60.

- Siege Elephant cost reduced to 250 wood, 350 coin, population count down to 6, speed to increased 4.25, armor to 0.40. Build Bounty down to 60.

- Flail Elephant cost changed to 150 food, 150 coin, hitpoints increased to 500, armor reduced to 0.40, speed increased to 5.0. (Needs Testing). Build Bounty (soon) up to 30.

- Urumi Speed increased to 4.80, armor to 0.35.

- Sacred Field Build limit increased to 3. Sacred Cows cost 100 food and have 10 Build XP; also, build limit increased to 30.

- Zamburacks moved to Age 3, cost changed to 55 food, 65 coin.

- Howdahs moved to Age 4.

- (Mughal Architecture not done yet, as it is too complicated for scenarios)

- Mansabders affected by stat changes as well.

Ottomans

- Janissary cost reduced to 95 food, 25 coin, armor increased to 0.30.

- Abus Gun cost changed to 65 food, 85 coin, armor increased to 0.40.

- Veteran Abus Gun now auto-upgrades.

- Spahi armor increased to 0.20.

- Church Techs -33% Cost.

- TEAM 2 Outpost Wagons now ships 1 Outpost wagon and should give +1.0 Build limit for both players who receive it. Remember not to save any outpost wagons up, or they will die before this.

Iroquois

- (Known bug --> Start with a Saloon)

- Villager Build limit increased to 110; Villager cost reduced to 90 food, -10% Train Points, and Build Bounty lowered to 9.

- Start with +10% Plantation Gathering Rates (to lower penalty to 20%)

- Mantlet speed increased to 4.25, armor to 0.60. +4.0 LOS.

- Ram speed increased to 4.5. (+4.0 LOS?)

- Tomahawk speed increased to 4.25.

- Siege Discipline card now, instead of more pop-efficient artillery, it gives Iroquois artillery -15% and Train Points.

- Lacrosse has double affect (4.0 Range and LOS).

Sioux

- (Known bug --> Start with a Saloon)

- Villager Build limit increased to 110; Villager cost reduced to 90 food, -10% Train Points, and Build Bounty lowered to 9.

- Start with +10% Plantation Gathering Rates (to lower penalty to 20%)

- Tashunke Prowler cost reduced to 135 food, 70 coin, Build Bounty to 21. Limit increased to 15.

- Marauders shipment gives Tashunkes 0.30 armor, adds +20% Build limit (3 Tashunkes), gives cav +0.5x bonus to villagers and sets Champion and Legendary Tashunke Prowler techs Obtainable.

These are the changes so far. I want to give something for people to playtest. This is just for fun and not really all too serious, but may spark some enjoyment in players. It would be cool if the Native civs got 110 vil build limit and +10% plantation gathering, which I have added here, playtested, and it is fair.

You can see that I could not get everything I wanted to get done, and some things were tested first on 1.0 TAD. However, I have fixed numerous bugs in gameplay and I hope you enjoy :).

God Bless!

regards,

murdilator
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by murdilator on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: FP 1.3 Beta (Edited 25/9/10)

Post by joe4holly »

Is this for fp 1.2 or for RE patch ?
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: FP 1.3 Beta (Updated 25/9/10)

Post by murdilator »

This is for FP 1.2 currently. I should post that as I got a bit disorganized.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

murdilator
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: FP 1.3 Beta (Updated Again 25/9/10)

Post by joe4holly »

Had a look at otto .

1. the church techs for vill speed and more vills cost 201 , should it be 200 ? also the cannon cost 1005f should be 1000f ?

2. Outpost late game is OP a little . 15 4300HP towers do take a lot to kill.

-- I would change extebsive fortifications to give less but give faster tower build times and more LOS or range ?

-- With Team defenses reduce the 2 outpost down to 1 but enable +1 outpost build limet.

Also when revolted the towers do not give any resources. Notsure if this is ment to happen or not. Been thinking that Outpost should give XP once the player revolted and no food,wood or gold ? or you could add enable XP to ge given over time like a shrine once a card is send ?

Just my thoughts.
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

Yeah! Now this is fun.

Good thing you noticed the Ottos stuff:). I used the HC tech, idk how to do it otherwise. I got myself a bit wondering about the 101, 151, 201 stuff. Also the FP made it -33% cost. The ideas you presented are good. I give the resources every 8.33 seconds from Outposts. And each Outpost will give 1.0 Resource at a time. I had to do this to help it work properly, as I could not give 0.10 resources a second for some reason. However, about your question of XP, I'm sure I could do that. It would take a couple more triggers and was an idea I had not thought of yet. Thanks for the support.

Now maybe I should make them give 0.30 XP per second or something for revolution. That would be cool. It would be like a sacred cow, and, hmm...maybe 0.40 XP? or 0.60 XP? This would have to be playtested.

I can't increase range in scenario editor sadly, unless with a card. However, I could increase LOS which would indirectly affect reaction times of Towers.

Thanks for testing so far!

regards,

murdilator

---------------

jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

4.8 speed cassadores might be a little bit OP, where they can hit and run as crazy.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: FP 1.3 Beta (Updated 26/9/10)

Post by murdilator »

Updated with some of the suggestions and several other ideas.

---------------

jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

How does this work with downloading ?

Should a launch fp and then host this scenario ?

or is it RE compitable ?

Also I'm really wondering if the changes on Japan aren't a bit over the top, nerfing all their units and nerfing their shrines even more is a bit too much maybe. You should either choose nerfing shrines somewhat more, or getting the shrines back to normal and nerf their units, should be tested though.

For the rest I really like how you try to give civs more options and the outpost idea is pretty awesome.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

- When a player Revolutions, they recieve +30% artillery damage (for Gatlings), 8 villagers, and will continue to receive 6 free villagers every 60 seconds from Revolution time. This is only settlers, not Coureurs or Settler Wagons.

I think the getting so many vills is a bit to much, be able to do a full push then getting a 68 vill eco in 10 mins will make a rev a bit to OP ?

I feel the point of a revolution is to stop your eco and have a final push. Being given so many vills takes the point away. You could give a shipment evey 60 seconds and maybe change the 8 vills to 10 vills but then disable or super slow building speeds ?

Outpost changes are good and are a lot of fun to use now :P
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zutazuta »

Just out of curiosity, is this meant to be a balance patch?
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

idk how you have implemented your changes so far, but if you can give me the moderated files (proto/techtree etc) i can make you a shiny FP1.3 patch which is compatible with the FP launcher if you are interested.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Bart that would be totally awesome :D :D :D
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

Wow this is awesome! Unfortunately, my computer doesn't want to connect to ES online atm. May change in a bit.

This scenario should be hosted on FP and is not randomized at all.

For Bart331: I used triggers, such as modify protounit effect. Also, I used "Set Tech Status" effects as well. If I recall correctly, these can be used in real coding, in which I have no experience. I used the ypBigJapaneseSequester Tech, which is a way in scenario design to give all land units -5% damage. This can be repeated when using "Fire Event" and setting the tech "unobtainable" in another trigger. This is very recently discovered and not well known among designers. This can do the same thing to another trigger, setting it active. I just want people to give suggestions and this scenario is not totally compatible with Japan (I had to use mercenary combat and other things to get rid of using the Sequester tech 4 times, and I am just fooling around with Naginatas a bit as well). However, in order to improve Naginatas without using TEAM cards in scenarios would require me auto-upgrading Disciplined Naginata, which was part of the original plan. Also, I could lower the HP to how we wanted regularly.

I want to put this up onto my Ontario Map, which is far more professional than this and has a lot of the changes already. I will have some tests coming up, but it should not take all to long.

For Zuta: This is sort of a balance patch, but it is a scenario, and not an FP. Here I am allowing practically anyone to playtest in a scenario, which is unofficial. I am also thinking of balancing mercenaries moderately, as I have in 1v1OntarioV2:

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/s ... ileid=2213

There are there, just slight balances, such as differing cost by about 15 to 40 coin. For example, 240 coin Highlanders, 285 coin Fusiliers, 250 coin Black Riders, 285 coin Stradiots, etc. However, this was a previous version of me fooling around. The best compliment put on that scenario was "it's just like a mod."

For Joe4Holly: I could test enabling settlers and doubling there train time, as is with the British Manor Houses lategame villager card thing. I want to test and look around a little bit, and put something in that makes sense. I can do what you say. Perhaps the first of each revolution shipment could give like +4 settlers, but in real coding that would be impossible. I could try and upgrade Age 1 again for the revolted civ.

For Japan:

I believe it is best to slightly overnerf a civ, in order to see what too bad is and then boost it back to playable level.

I have tested Japan quite a bit, especially with Ashigaru spam, but then again I am no Japan expert. I want to improve Arty damage back, but the -20% attack was mainly to test Ashigarus. It indirectly affects Artillery, Hatamotos, and other units.

I will add the Naginata auto-upgrading disciplined Tech again so that they just have less speed and armor.

- Would 260 HP for Samurai be up for testing?

- I don't want to nerf Yumi, but I indirectly gave them -5% attack while changing Ashigarus. Allying with Japanese Consulate takes this penalty away.

- Ashigarus have to be specifically balanced and perhaps a tweak here and there. 135 HP, 140 HP, with 31 Train Points and 160 HP with 32 Train Points are all possible. I wanted to increase hand attack to 11. Diamyo and Golden Pavilion atm give 1.1, which is 1.21 aura, and taking away advanced arsenal techs symbolizes making the auras 1.08x. It has about the same affect. Reducing speed to 4.25 makes players use that speed at the Golden Pavilion for Ashigarus and Naginatas.

- I can make Honored and Exalted Ashigaru give extra attack, such as 45% damage for Honored and +80% damage for Exalted, to regain some attack strength lategame. This would be historical as well.

- I was thinking that the Heavenly Kami card could give just -15% or -20% Shrine cost, but add +3.0 to build limit. This would indeed make the boom slightly more effective. 150 -20% is 120 wood, and building 3 more would be effective. However, with reduced HP, it would be balanced. I still must also make the improved buildings give proper HP to shrines; it still goes on 1600 HP, and will go on 1250 HP. Also I will fix a couple team cards as well.

For India:

- Perhaps lower Rajput HP to 180 to fit with the counter system (skirms 30 dmg to inf), town centers (90 dmg), and towers (30 dmg).

- Perhaps lower Flailiphant HP to 450 to fit better with the counter system, instead of the awkward 500. Also, Flail Elephants are not yet affected by cavalry combat with Ottoman or French allies receiving TEAM 2 Flail Elephants.

These are some of my ideas so far. I am open to reasonably done ideas as well :).

regards,

murdilator

---------------

jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I actually feel like Japan might be just right on the fp, maybe a little bit strong and that´s where you nerf their shrines a little bit more.